Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Pleasure of having owned 1999 Blazer LS
By eileen wolf

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

Have been extremely satisfied with performance, with most miles from long trips. It is solid, safe and most comfortable and has served me well since time of purchase. I have replaced water pump, had larger battery installed and new cables over the past two years. Also, two years had the four original tires replaced with identical issue, and U-Haul hitch installed, but only because I had planned a one time 600 mile trailering trip. At my age, I nolonger have need of a V-6 engine and the cargo space utilized in my travels. I have been the only driver of this vehicle.

Comfort, ability to see over autos, power steering and locks, cruise control, security and safety experienced during ownership.

Gas mileage increase at this point in time.

Excelent Vehicle
By Job Taker

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for a little under a year. I have put nearly 11,000 miles on this with no problems. Great power band very smooth for an SUV. Very capable off road, but still refined enough that you wont look dumb at nice events either. When you step on the gas it's very quiet inside but it sounds very nice outside. Most people think of the Blazer as a slow rig, I can tell you it's not!

4.3 liter vortec engine, super reliable, powerful.

It would be nice if it was easier to work on. It's kind of hard to do routine maintenance on.

The new great small SUV
By docdre

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV used in 2001 with less than 20k on it. Other than normal maintenance it's been a great SUV to own. Great in the snow and ice and take it fishing on the beach as well and never have a problem. Like any self respecting American car you have a few rattles here and there but overall it has held up better than I ever imagined. I now have 95K on it and other than normal wear I have had nothing but great luck. The paint has held up exceptionally well although I do wax it up 3 times a year. I hope to keep this puppy until it has over 200k on it! Chevy tough!

Great powerful and engine and solid tranny! What was once the standard for mid size SUVs, this is now a great small SUV with more cargo room than others in its class!

None

More than I expected
By rick

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV about 4 months ago with 135,000 miles on it. When I bought it, I knew I had to replace the rear rotors and the driver's door pin. I went ahead and replaced all four rotors with cross drilled slotted ones which pull this thing to a stand still quickly. iI like the power from the 4.3 Vortech, but I'm a guy and of course I would like more power. I did have to replace the fuel pump, but it has 140,000 miles on it now. The interior is the best. I have never had a vehicle more comfortable. The ride quality is top notch. I don't feel like I'm driving an SUV. I have Goodyear Fortera tires, which are specifically designed for SUV's, and it feels like I'm driving a Cadillac.

Keyless entry. Leather power memory seats. Overhead digital console. Auto tint rear view mirror, power moonroof. Auto on/off headlights. Stitched head rest and door panels.

I don't want to change anything except for more power

Cheaply Made
By Disappointed

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

At 15,000 miles both front seat levers broke (pot metal) At 68,000 miles heater core and water pump went out a month apart. 4wd has never been used and doesn't work. At 80,000 miles at 11pm on Thanksgiving eve all the trany fluid pushed out the dipstick and left us on the side of freeway. $2300 later using it for a trade in on anything but a Chevy. I have always owned Chevys but no more. No room for rear seat passengers.

Radio

Don't make them so cheaply.