Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Really Nice Small SUV
By jay7015032

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've only owned this truck for a little while, it was passed down from my dad so its had three owners. But I love it. I have a K&N intake, throttle body spacer and cat bck exhaust with over sized tires. Plenty of power for me. But with power comes a lack of fuel. Seems I put gas in daily but I don't mind it's fun to drive. The truck is a little rattly but I do have 130000 on it. Bottom line I love it on and off road

The heat and AC are great realy cold or real hot

K&n intake, throttle body spacer and cat back exhaust.

No more Chevy's for me, thanks.
By Chris

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 18K miles. It was beautiful and a pleasure to drive. But then came the mechanical problems. Front suspension wears out prematurely (there was actually a NHTSA investigation into the ball joints). Coolant problems and engine seal/gasket failures. Lot's of other problems. We're thankful for the extended warranty we bought. It cost us about $5k extra, but saved us an additional $10k in repairs later. In addition to regular maintenance, our repairs to date total just over $15k. Sad to admit this, but I'm not planning on buying American again. Not until American car makers earn my trust back.

Extended warranty.

Everything else.

Like it
By amanda

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle 3 years ago. It had 49,000 miles at the time. It now has 98,000. I've replaced the alternator, the driver window gets stuck open (usually when its raining) every once in a while but will work again a couple minutes later. Both front doors sag, window molding coming up, top compartment buttons are broken, mirror flap on both visors have broken off, there is now a leak in the intake manifold gasket, and the 4wd is not working now. i have not had any major issues with this vehicle until now. I really like it but i am thinking about parting with it due to the gas mileage. it gets 18mpg on the interstate.

All the adjustments on the seats and the space makes it the most confortable vehicle I've driven. I really like the heated seats and the 4wd when it worked.

Gas mileage, sagging doors, 4wd, interior features are cheaply put together.

Always had Blazers
By mommyof1

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely loved this truck when I bought it, then the warranty expired and I have spent more money fixing the things that repeatedly brake than I actually did on the truck. The pins in the doors, the recline levers for the front seats, the front bearings 2x a year at least for the past 4 years (and was told by a dealership that the bearings are a defect in the cars design that they cant fix) and pretty much every part with the exception of the whole engine and tranny have been replaced! It is built horribly and will not ever buy a GM car again!

The 4 wheel drive has yet to fail and when it is not broken, it runs great!

Throw out the blue print for this vehicle and start all over again!

Won't buy another one
By PeterK

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Nothing but problems. Transmission had to be replace after 65,000 miles, passenger seat back handle broke twice, both CV joints replaced, gas tank pump and sending unit replaced, dashboard lights up like a christmas tree randomly.

None

It's a good idea Chevy decided to stop making this vehicle.