Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Excellent Blazer
By TopTech

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Blazer used with only 10K miles on it. I had no problems with any of it until about 120,000 miles on it. Battery, front wheel bearings and transfer case actuator went out in the same year. I replace all the parts with new and have had no problems since. The dealer could not believe this was the first set of bearings on the front since many others go at about 60K. This truck does not burn oil (engine is very reliable). Wish the fuel economy was better for a truck of this size (avg 18MPG city and hwy). Overall this blazer is inexpensive to own considering the cost of new and the relatively inexpensive parts. I would recommend a Blazer to anyone needing 4WD and 4 doors.

Auto 4WD, auto air conditioning/comfort control

Blazer is Second SUV
By Blazer LS

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

I purchase this vehicle about six years ago, with 70,000 miles, two years ago I put in a new alternator and battery costing estimated $465. At 75k I had a tune-up,and perform regular maintenance at schedule interval. Now the door sag on driver side 1/8 inch B pilar (pins) bushing need replaced, the driver side lever for seat broke, the mileage in city not good the highway about 18-20. Always had Chevy as a second car and seem to do alright. Mostly do highway driving. Like the room and comfort. I guess I can't complain I have not yet experienced serious mechanical problems. Most cars do have normal wear and tear and that could happen on any American made cars/suv.

Tow pkg, and additional ac/outlet. Install running boards,

1999 Chevy blazer
By Bubba

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car brand new and loved it until i had to buy a new engine at 95,000 miles. Then a couple days after the new engine had to get a battery, transmission, hoses, a/c, and heat replaced. And now i have 190,000 miles on the SUV and 99,000 miles on the new engine and its falling apart. Heres a list: 1. 10 leaks in the hoses on the car alone and it will cost $2,000 to replace them. 2. Have to get a catalytic converter which will cost for this car $1,500. 3. The driver door interior is falling apart. 4. Both seats don't move position because of malfunction. 5. Waiting to see what else..... I bought this car for $33,000 and have put $10,000 into it. I will never buy a Chevy!!

OK towing capacity.

Everything

My Little Red Blaze
By chicks1960

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV

I bought this one with 130000 miles on it. Had a lot of trouble with the fuel pump. Then the oil pump went, replaced the motor, still seems to miss on the highway. Have had it a year and it has spent more time in the shop, $800 or more at a time. Chevrolet dealership and service couldn't find out the problems. Paid as much for a new motor as I did for the whole truck. Replace sensors and relays Hope it will run for a while. Air conditioner quit - compressor went out $1200 to replace.

I love the size and body style and the cruise control and the handling

More reliability. Less rattle in the back and better stereo sound

Really Nice Small SUV
By jay7015032

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've only owned this truck for a little while, it was passed down from my dad so its had three owners. But I love it. I have a K&N intake, throttle body spacer and cat bck exhaust with over sized tires. Plenty of power for me. But with power comes a lack of fuel. Seems I put gas in daily but I don't mind it's fun to drive. The truck is a little rattly but I do have 130000 on it. Bottom line I love it on and off road

The heat and AC are great realy cold or real hot

K&n intake, throttle body spacer and cat back exhaust.