Used 1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

bipolar blazer
By fussner

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I owned a 96 Chevy Blazer 4x4 and I beat the crap out of it, I got it stuck and almost flooded it and almost flipped it and have been thru many a trail or mud pit. But the thing is a mechanical mess! Its hard to modify not meant for off roading in any way, I went thru 2engines in 160k miles and will never buy a Chevy suv again.

comfort and power

everything especially my 8mpg observed mileage

RED RIDER
By raider

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this from a person who had it from when it was new. Never had any major problems and now I have it and it rides great and is good in the snow.For me this Suv runs like a champ plenty of power.

chevy, like a rock
By tlw0131

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Blazer 2 years ago used. Buying it used, from an elderly woman I expected problems. Had to replace brakes and 2 rotors and water pump. From age, and not being maintained. Since then just the brake switch, heating core and a new distributor cap. Has 156,000 miles. Drive it to school and home all the time (130 miles) been off roading plenty. Great 4x4 for its size. With the right maintenance I feel anyone can keep any car running good. Its still as red as any 09 red car. No fading. Oh. The ac compressor doesn't work, but I prefer the Windows down anyways.

4x4.2 dr. Power wd. Keyless entry. Great paint. Not too big and not too small. Comfy for long trips. Stock speakers when I bought it were awesome as well. Tinted back Windows.

the wind tosses it easily. the dashboard cover is the WORST to get off. brakes could be better

Loved
By Sky

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I just got my Blazer in November '08. It has 162,200 miles on it and runs great! The only problem I had was the battery was loose, but it was easily fixed. Other than that, I lovev my Blazer.

Leather, power seats. 4WD

Regret getting this as first car
By jmpettey3

1996 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle was amazing when i first purchased it. But then it went downhill from there. Once one thing broke down. Then another. I had parts quitting on me one right after another. I have practically replaced all major parts. Getting ready to replace the alternator.

Has gotten me through the horrible winters in Michigan

Horrible layout for under the hood. Make better parts that last!