Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

95 ST Blazer

Timbo, 10/16/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The truck still runs like new-very smooth and doesn't use oil, but it's loosing power and that's killing the gas milage. There were actually very few repairs until 140,000 miles and then several very major things went wrong. The egr valve which had been replaced one before, failed again. This time the dealer removed the intake and cleaned the cross over passage which was largly blocked. At the same time he noticed that the fuel regulator (or some related component) was leaking. The entire bill came to $900. ouch. We also had to replace the fuel pump. Twice. Luckly the dealer waranteed the pump the second time. $1,100. ouch.

A great all around SUV

jaredmsd, 07/09/2003
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Blazer, it has wonderful power and has more get-up-and-go than my new 4Runner that has 60 more hp. The interior fits perfectly and is comfortable. I also like the truck features like the 4-Lo and the rear hatch door that lays flat like a pick- up. The cargo space and floor length is still unbeatable in a midsize SUV (try finding a midsize SUV with a floor length greater than 6 ft.). Like others, I've had problems with my fuel/exhaust system.. I have replaced the EGR valve and the fuel injector. I have 144,000 miles though and it is still running like a champ. I've never been stranded on the side of the road, and I've never been stuck in snow.

Almost perfect

surfnantucket, 03/26/2008
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Blazer in 1998 and still use as my primary vehicle. Paid $15,000 and it had 32,000 miles on it. I have replaced the transfer case, I am on my third gas tank, 1 alternator, 2 EGR valves, On my 4th fuel pump, 2 batteries, 1 heater core, 1 Engine (my fault), 2 sets of oil cooling lines, 2 front brake jobs, I now have a problem with a fuel sensor, it comes and goes, light comes on and then goes off, runs bad then runs good? Body is rusting now but thats driving up and down the beach all spring, summer and fall plus New England winters. For the most part it starts 99.9 percent of the time and holds lots of snowboards and beach stuff.

Comfortable Ride with Poor Relability

Melissa Martin, 04/01/2008
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought a clean, well maintained car in good shape with 196K and I'm now at 230K. I've replaced:heater control switch,4X4 switch, wiper delay module,complete exhaust (inc. catalytic convertor & 02 sensors), brakes & lines, EGR valve,ECM,ignition wires,cap & rotor,fuel filter & tires. The truck also needs a gas tank & sending unit,front wheel bearing and a driver side door lock. Thank god my boyfriend is a mechanic - otherwise I would hate this car. Parts-wise its costing a fortune. I bought it cheap but I'm paying for it. Don't buy this car used if you want something reliable. Look to something like a Toyota Rav4, I wish I did! A comfortable but expensive ride with poor gas mileage(16-20mpg)

Why did i buy this?

Nick, 04/10/2008
LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck for $2,500 back in 2006. I have put money into it than what I bought it for. Brakes 3 times, and they're going again, water pump, heater core, ABS brakes don't work, 4wd doesn't work. Seat motor died, driver side window motor is dying. Both mirrors don't work electronically. Also, I had to replace my washer fluid pump, but the back windsheild washer still doesn't work, also replaced exhaust. Also, the frame rusts and paint chips off. Bad MPG as well. Word of advice...don't ever ever ever buy one unless you have the money and patience to maintain it