Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Good car, likes gas though
By Phil

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great car, It handles nicely for an SUV, and it runs like a champ. I love the V6 and 4WD, and the leather interior is awesome. It's my black beauty!

Interior, sound system, engine, and 4WD

The car does like gas, and the center console likes to squeak.

This is an expensive car to take care of
By Stacey Klein

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a Blazer when I was pregnant with my first child. At first it was comfortable. Not a month went by that the Check Engine LIght didn't come on. This SUV has been in and out of the garage for so many things that we had to open up a savings account just to put money aside for repairs. The 4x4 doesn't work, heater core went twice, ABS is horrible in snow. The only thing I can say is that the leather interior was nice and the outside was sharp looking. The thing just was a money pit and I had to get rid of it.

Loved the interior. The leather seats were nice. Nice and roomy.

Make something more dependable. I had to take it to the shop for a tune up because the spark plugs are under the dash! I couldn't get to them like a normal car! They need to make things more accessible for people to fix at their homes.

Throwing My Money Away
By disappointed

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

By far the worst car I have ever owned. I bought it with 80,000 miles on it, and it was great for 15,000 miles and then the problems started. Distributor wires, the infamous EGR valve 3 times, fan clutch, tension pulley, power brake booster, master cylinder, exhaust, etc. Pretty much the same problems as others have with this car. It now sits in my driveway waiting to be fixed again. It has a rough idle and almost stalls, the brakes randomly stop working, and the exhaust sounds horrible. Last time I really drove it was in January. This is the first and last GM vehicle I will ever own.

Nice body style, powerful engine (when it runs), and decent interior.

EGR valve and brakes! This is such an unsafe vehicle.

Great first vehicle
By nlv007

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first vehicle, and I have not been dissapointed one bit! Interior is nicely designed, it does great in the snow, and it has been very reliable. The only major repair I've had to make is replacing the gas tank after it rotted out from too many Ohio winters. My Blazer does everything I want, and takes me everywhere I need to go.

Mainly the reliable and powerful Vortec V6.... plus the 4X4 handling.

Typical GM gas gauge - wouldn't trust it.

Very Disappointed!
By Steve

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This was by far the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I sold it with 68,000 miles on it. The battery leaked, and it had ECU sensor problems. After having the transmission removed and repaired once, it needed to be replaced. Then, that transmission failed. It wore out three sets of front brake pads and a set of ball joints, aAll in 68,000 miles. This vehicle was driven to and from work daily, not hard miles.

Styling and power. With the exception of the electronic components of the engine, the 4.3 seemed to be a good engine.

Drastically improve reliability!