Used 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Consumer Reviews

$730 - $1,879

Used Beretta for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

First Car

Franklin, 08/14/2006
2dr Coupe

This was my first car in 2001 and it still is my only car. I wrecked it once (my fault), but I got it repaired and I have never had a problem other than normal wear. I live in a small town of 8,500 and most older cars (not classics) are the Caviler, the Corsica and the Beretta. Practically everyone who has ever owned one of those three say that they won't die. I don't want to ever get rid of my Beretta.

SWZ26's review

SWZ26, 09/05/2007
Z26 2dr Coupe

Excellent car! And I have owned 4 in the past. Now I own a 1996 Z26 and it is beautiful car. I recently lost my 2002 Chevy Cavalier in a accident and it was a total lost. This car rides so smooth and the seats are so comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a well made car and stands the test of time.

96 Chevy Beretta

Rev Mackey, 08/16/2007
2dr Coupe

Overall a great car for dependability. I have had repeated problems with the brakes (three times to Midas for front and back) and it took a little time to get used to front wheel drive. Not a good car for winter driving.

148K and still going!

Joel, 05/29/2008
Z26 2dr Coupe

My Z26 has 148K miles on it and it keeps going. She has every options available. I bought my Beretta from my son for $600 with 140K on it. He bought for $450 and changed the upper intake gasket. We changed the water pump before I started driving it. I keep an eye on the coolant level still because it still leaks. I drive it 60 miles one way for work. I have been averaging 30MPG with mostly hwy driving. This car is quick, reliable, and is giving me great MPG's. Gas is at $4.10 a gal in IL now and you can't beat getting that kind of gas mileage out of a sporty and well appointed car. I will drive her to the ground.

Horrible first car

Joes, 07/09/2019
Z26 2dr Coupe

I see a lot of positive reviews so maybe I had a lemon.but I had one it was a 96 z26 my mom gave it to me as my 18 b day gift the car had like 60?something thousand miles so not a lot this was back in the early 2000s.it was a cool looking car other then the teal paint and pink z26 stickers every 18 year old boys dream color combo lol...anyway to many issues to list frankly the majority were electrical also like an earlier post alternator issues a plenty but many other electrical issues.it got very very pricey specially for a young guy with not a lot of money. Couldn’t really Cruz with friends due to the back seat being all but pointless maybe you could get one person in the back if they put legs across the seats.a positive though was t was a quick little car and like again in an earlier post it could heat the v6?mustang witch was cool.when it ran though.that car left a very expensive bad taste in my mouth