Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Fun Car to Drive
By Rox

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Averaging 28mpg with mixed highway and city driving. Sound system good, rides nice, my son loves it. He can't wait to drive it and he's 12. Only issue is the tire pressure monitor comes on when temps go below 20 degrees (gotta love New England)

Easy handling, looks good, roomy

Passenger needs an armrest, redesign the cupholder/storage area.

Great Small Car
By maroguy1

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a winter/mileage maker instead of driving my 05 GTO. I average 35 mpg on country road driving. The price and warranty were excellent. I paid under 8k with incentives. If you are looking for a cheap reliable car with 100k mile warranty this is it!

Mileage, great in snow, good power on highway

Better drivers seat and am/fm radio

Good Bang For The Buck
By SAM

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car not only was darned cheap to buy, it also has proven to be dependable. It's also surprisingly roomy and pretty quiet. For basic transportation, this about as good as it gets. I used to be very wary of Korean-built cars, but I"m sold on this one.

Purchase price, dependability, room.

Center armrest needed.

Nice car!
By Rayna

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to write this review due to the fact that people have complained about this lovely car a lot. I got a 08 Chevy Aveo because I needed something better for my job and this car fit perfectly. No it doesn't have the power of a Corvette but if I wanted the power of a Corvette I would have bought one! This car has been getting me from point A to point be and this is a nice family car but sporty looking too!

The exterior looks, comfortable seats, decent trunk space, and the stero rocks!

The cup holders aren't strudy enough and I would like a better storage area in the front between the seats.

I love my "Lil" Car!!
By Lil's Mom

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After paying almost $200 for a tank of gas in my Suburban, I decided it was time to make a change! I wanted a "no frills" car, didn't even know if they made such a thing! When I saw the Aveo5, it was exactly what I was looking for! After the initial shock of switching from a Suburban to this car, I was in love! Drove 2,000 miles the first month just because it is so fun to drive! My monthly payment is less than the cost of one tank of gas in my Suburban! I did have a stereo installed. Couldn't deal with AM/FM...but other than that, I'm as thrilled as can be with my car. Her name is "No Frill Lil"....very basic, but an awesome drive!

I love the fact that the interior is so spacious. You do not feel like you are in a tiny car! Also love the split, fold down rear seats! Also like the fact that you have to use the key to lock the drivers side door! No locked keys in the car this way!

I love my car! Can't think of a thing I'd change!