Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

throttle body
By Mary

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aveo, but am not excited about my fuel consumption. I live in Canada and am supposed to get up to 49 mpg and I average 36mpg. I am guessing now that it could have something to do with my throttle body as it is presently in the shop being replaced. On Friday my service engine light came on, I had been noticing a choppy feeling in the car and thought it wasn't getting its fuel properly for some time now but tried to explain it off for something else. When the light came on I had no other choice than to except my first assumption. Hopefully this change will improve my gas mileage.

Comfy seats have taken a 7 hr trip and was pleasantly surprised that I did not have a sore butt after the trip. Love the smoothness of the stick shift. And the fact that I have to use key to lock the driver door is great, haven't locked my keys in the car once.

More storage needed for CDs, less flimsy cup holders and better located, as you cannot plug in your cell charger when it is open.

An honest review
By Clark

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Aveo hatchback. My 1st was a 2004 (1st year production). It was the automatic and I learned that to get the most out of this vehicle, I should have gotten the 5-speed. I only had this car for 1 year as I traded it on a Honda Element. I regretted it from day one. Anyway, last year (2008) I purchased another Aveo5 LS 5-speed new for $12,000 "out-the-door". It was equipped with factory cruise control and was pinstriped! I now have almost 25,000 miles on it and it still is a great car! I get an honest 35 MPG without the air on and 32 with the air on. I have noticed that on the highway I only get 30 MPG when the cruise is set to 72 MPH. Great car..minor issues covered by warranty.

Great gas mileage, very comfortable (I'm 6', 245 lbs.), very solid, no rattles, original tires still good at 24,000 miles, very reliable, easy oil change, GET THE 5-SPEED and the car becomes FUN. The auto tranny slows response. Great headlights, tracks well, easy to maneuver.

Clutch developed an annoying "click" when being depressed and again when engaging. Window regulator on driver's side skipped a gear when cranking the window up. Dealer fixed both free. This car will "bottom out" with a full tank and 3-4 adults. Needs stronger suspension. Arm rest way to low.

love this lil car
By nanafonda

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was searching for a used car, well a man I know buys wrecked cars and fixes them up, I happened to see this lil 08 Aveo, and bought it on the spot, the front bumper is cracked but other than that it looks great, I drive alot because I am a grandma and the Aveo gets great mpg. The check engine light was flickering and the mechanic said it just needed an o2 sensor, not bad for 48000 miles runs and drives like new, o and the bumper is only 130.00 online!

the ick up speed is awesome

the seats are a little uncomfortable but wash up nicely after my three gran- babies get out lol

Good Car but has some issues....
By mollys

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car for people who drive a lot. It is comfortable and reliable and the gas price is excellent especially if you get the federal reimbursement rate. I am having trouble with the front tires wearing unevenly on the outsides. Just be aware that I have 28,000 miles on this car and bought it brand new with 13 miles. I am on the second set of tires and will be needing new ones to pass state inspection. Another Oveo driver I know has the same problem also. The tires are rotated and balanced appropriately. Just be aware you may need tires yearly. I have not had any other problem with the car besides this.

The back seats folding up against the front for extra room. The seats have scotch guard so spills are easy to clean. The gas mileage is great.

The tires need to wear evenly. There should be a second arm rest. Air conditioning should come stock as well as CD player.

Looking forward to keeping this car!
By drnhrtwl

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a college student and this is definitely great for that. I bought it new. Once I got an oil change and rotated the tires it drove like a dream. It survived a harsh winter and still holds up. You might need better tires for the snow. I wish the speaker system was a bit better. Also there's a design flaw that causes the windshield to whistle from an air pocket when I drive on the highway. Also the check engine light is on and I've only had the car for a year. The car is really roomy despite its outward appearance. It's definitely a good car. Oh yeah, amazing gas mileage! Saves me money!

Glasses holder, Nice open dashboard.

Make the speaker system better!