Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Car
By Dee

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the reviews and totally disagree with them. I have had my Aveo for almost three years now and has had no problem with it. Everything still works like new and nothing but the windsheild wipers have been replaced so far. The gas millage is great and doesn't cost alot to fill. I drive all over the city daily and a full tank last me almost a full 7 day week. the only problem I have with the car is adjusting to the anti-lock breaks. The car is great for a 1st car or for a college student like me. The car also has alot of room because I have moved several times with it. You can fit a stroller, laundry basket, under bed toat and bags of clothes in the trunk at 1 time. That's a lot.

the radiom, gas millage, swiftness, easy to drive, and compact.

none my care is still like new.

Still Fine after 2 Years
By satisfiedowner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its been just over 2 years, 23k miles and the "newness" has worn off. Other than that nothing has changed (See my previous review "ok after 1 year"). Still very satisfied with this car. No problems. Peppy, tight and dependable. Looking forward to the next generation. Hope GM builds sensibly on this foundation.

I love it!!!
By Bob from PA

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to drive to and from work,35 miles 1 way. I've owned the car for 1-1/2 years now and have 30,000 miles racked up. On average I get 39+ MPG with summer tires, and 35 MPG with winter tires. Both more than the advertised 34 MPG, WOOHOO. For 10,754.14 out the door and delivered to my place of work, you'll not get a better deal. I'm 5'11" and 300+ pounds and have plenty of room. The tires do wear a little odd, and the paint has worn off right in front of the rear doors and rocker panels from winter driving. The arm rest are in awkward positions. All in all, I LOVE IT!!!

39+ MPG. Price. Fun to drive. The looks I get from people whenever I get out.

Paint wear, I've noticed on several Aveos. Maybe an aerodynamic flaw. IDK. Arm rest on the doors are to low. The pros outweigh the cons by far. If you want an inexpensive reliable car, this is it. 1 thing to remember your buying the least expensive car on the road. You can't compare it to a Caddy.

Nice window
By Amanda

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had had my chevy aveo for 1 year and I placed my dog in the back seat and shut the door. I than proceed to the drivers side and I noticed that the hatchback window shattered and it cost $1000 to replace. I think that the cars parts are cheaply designed and are very expensive to replace. The gas mileage is great and the space for a small 4 door car is great but other than those 2 things I think the car is cheaply made and not a reliable car.

Windows should be a part of warranty if they are more than $500 dollars

Go for some other car
By Rodolfo

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like a toy car. Everything is plastic and cheap. Minor but constant and annoying issues with brake lights, hatchback lock, pulls left. Chevrolet's expensive and mediocre technical service. Fuel consumption is disappointing. Manual gearbox feels "sticky" and slow. Overall mediocre car. Boring, cheap feeling, noisy.

Color

GM should be able to build better small cars