Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Don't buy Chevy!!!!!
By rskinner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been falling apart since we got it. The radio didn't work since day 1! The bolt that holds the car together fell off. There is only 18,000 miles on the car. I don't believe it should be falling apart so quickly. This car has been in the shop 3 times this month alone. At 10,000 miles it already had a leak in the motor! Don't buy Chevy! I know we won't from here on out! What a bunch of lemons!

Worst car I have ever owned
By Ane

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car reminds me of a slow horse. I probably would have been better off buying a horse! It has very poor pick up. It is very uncomfortable. Can't drive more than 30 miles without a backache or knees killing you. I put more gas in this car than I did in my van and NO I DON'T DRIVE MORE! I have to stop for gas alot more though. I hate this car. DO NOT BUY ONE unless you are looking for a car for the new driver in your house for school and a part time job. Overpriced for the quality. Oh and did I say how much I hate this car? The intermittent wipers are too fast! Good God

NONE

Improve by not building anymore, or better seating better wipers and do not lie about the MPG's!!!!!

sorry i bought it
By everett

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When gas prices started rising we decided to buy an economy car. The Aveo was advertised at getting app. 34 mpg. This car is not what we expected. It has a slow jumpy start until it warms up, it only gets 17 to 18 mpg. The accelerator acts like its stuck wide open when it is started for the first time in the mornings. I have been told by the dealer that the engine is performing the way it was designed to.Most of my driving is to and from work, which is a 40 mile round trip. The gas mileage does not vary if my driving is on the highway or in town with a lot of starts and stops.

I like the easy to clean seat covers.

Door locks that could be locked without having to use the key.

2008 Aveo
By Mary from Hilo

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was disappointed in buying the 2008 Aveo. The car was defective with no parking light, driving panel lights and shifter indicator light. The dealership closed that day and I was pressured into buying the car. I drove the car not feeling safe in it.

The good feature is the front left driver side door. You will need a key to lock the door from outside it will not lock from inside.

The Aveo need improvements with their electrical system.

At first this was a great car...
By Ashley

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car at first. It was the first car I had ever bought in which I picked it out and everything. It was the perfect color-- blue my favorite! And great gas mileage, I got 35 mpgs which was great for commuting to school... But within 5 days I had to take it back to the dealer for the sensors coming on and the gas gauge not working. I also have had two problems with the "shift-lock release" first the solenoid was replaced then, last week, the whole shifting column! I have had the car less than a year! Before this, I owned a Toyota and a Ford and I was never disappointed and now I know I never should have gotten a Chevy aveo.

The color, gas mileage, warranty, the brakes are good too...

check the shifter before you release it in the car, put better quality fabric the cloth interior shows even water droplets, armrest, cupholders could be better. also i feel like i might be wiped off the road in this car when on the highway and the wind is blowing, make it a lil heavier.