Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Car, Simple and Fun!
By Shauna

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed my Chevy Aveo. I purchased this vehicle right out of college looking to save money on gas and the purchase price. I have not had any problems with the vehicle at all. I keep up on all the maintenance and just got new tires at 46,000 miles. Not a luxury car for sure but the LT is nice with leather, wood and some stainless accents...plus the AUX is nice and the 6 disc changer. Everything I needed and would definitely recommend it! p.s. I live in WI...handles unreal in the snow for the size! My first winter I was REALLY nervous but my pumpkin (burnt orange:) never let me down!

$28 to fill my tank...enough said.

Cup holders are a little weak...I am very careful and have not broken any yet but I could see it happening if you were not paying attention.

emissions or valves
By Debbie

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Starting at 20,000 miles the car would die, would not start or started rough. At a stop light it would idle ok but when I gave it gas it would continue to idle, didn't move. I was told this was loss of compression. Gm is sort of working with me on this, I believe what they were saying is the emissions would not totally leave the valves and when it fired again, you get carbonization on the valves. They have cleaned the valves with a cleaner ($400.00 thank you). What's next a valve job. Is gm kidding? this is a flaw in the engine design, or is it the emissions? will is pass emissions? it is great on gas, oh yah supreme only is recommended, it Burns hotter. Last Chevy for me!

Good on gas, seats are comfortable, Whistles in a crosswind, locks and unlocks itself, lots of personality.

start over GM,scrap it and buy American.

Not good in the real world
By Ramblenon

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have the automatic transmission, and believe me the gas mileage is no where thry say it should be. were lucky if we get 27 -28 on the highway and maybe 19 -21 in the city. Winter driving is even worse and when it gets below 20" the car never really warms up. While it is a fun car to drive the inside is layed out poorly, Of the worst the cup holders are right in front of the controls which makes the controls hard to use. Over all I would never buy another Aveo unles they made major improvements. I've been A GM owner all My life and this has been one of my worst experiences.

Easy to park fun to drive

Move cup holders improve gas mileage

Driving a Lemon
By Amanda10

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car handles very well in rough terrain and snow and that is the only thing I like about it. Since I have had it I have had nothing but problems with the engine and with the electrical system. I have no heat in my car and have taken it to 2 mechanics whom said they don't know what is wrong.

Driveability of the car nice and smooth and handles snow and rough torain well

Better engine/ electronics (heater and air)

Gets you from A to B
By JimHo

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded an 07 Aveo LT sedan/automatic in a few months ago. It had no real issues and it got the job done for me until I was ready to move up to something nicer. The engine is tiny but then again the car is pretty small. You aren't going to win any races in this thing but I could still pass safely on 2 lane roads. Driver visibility is excellent on this car due to the high seating position and wide windshield. Due to size, the car is also very agile in low speed tight turns, so it's easy to park and weave through city traffic. On the LT (maybe others) they also throw in a lot of nice options that you wouldn't expect in this price class, like heated mirrors and foglights.

Driver visibility, foglights, heated mirrors. Decent fuel economy in city driving. Exterior styling is actually pretty nice. Interior on sedan seems more spacious and doesn't feel like other subcompacts.

Fuel tank is too small for long highway roadtrips and the small engine struggled with hilly roads, forcing the RPMs way up and not getting good mileage at all. I know it's a subcompact but its safety features are pretty basic and that's one reason I traded up within 2.5 years of buying.