Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Cheap Car (Junk)
By Chevyman

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I Bought my Aveo in Jan. 2009, I put a lot of miles on a car, I was hoping that this car would be dependable cheap transportation, not the case at all. My 2008 has been at the Chevy dealer more in the past two months, than at my house. Gas mileage has dropped, multiple idiot lights on, worst one is the engine light, they have replace multiple components, still not fixed lucky for me it was a "certified" car and I still had a little bit of warranty on it, I am sure the bill would exceed what the car is worth. I am a Chevy guy, I have to say this is the worst piece of crap that Chevy has ever put their bow tie on, I would recommend this car to my ex-wife enough said. Also Horrible in snow.

I like the color, mine is Blue, I like the fact that it is a 5 speed, can't hardly find standard shift cars any more, not sure why, they usually get better gas mileage.

Make this car DEPENDABLE! Add standard air conditioning, move the antenna, it whistles at you while on the highway. Get rid of the standard 14" wheels and crap tires, this car is horrible in the snow.

Cheap transportation
By dleebold

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought aveo used with 21,000 miles. Had new front brakes and rotors installed because the rotors were warped. So far it's been a good car. Fun to drive, easy on gas, and I'm 6,2" and it's easy for me to get in and out. For a small car, interior has a lot of room. Easy to get around in snow. I would buy another.

Good, if it weren't for the problems
By frustrated owner

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Should have known when I picked up the 1 year old used car from the dealer with the check engine light on (throttle body). Then 6 months later, needed a new cylinder head (valve sealing issues causing misfires). Then timing belt tensioner problem (noisy), then drivebelt tensioner (noisy), then brakes (vibration), and now throttle body engine error codes again. All warranty except the brakes(free for me, apart from not having the car). Service is doing what they can, but the car has been in service for about 10% of the time I have owned it! Good thing I have a reliable 11 year old backup car. Problems seem to be focused in specific areas...

- interior well layed out - good mileage (not amazing, but good) - inexpensive parts - handles bumps well (in terms of ride) - auto transmission (shifts firmly, but well) - turning radius (easy to park) - easy owner maintenance (easy to work on) - inexpensive - audio system - seats/comfort

- soundproofing improvements (noisy) - reliability - cornering/maneuverability (it leans heavily) - better tires does help - engine noise (lots of noise, but not a lot of go) - visibility to the back/sides is partially obscured

Little Red Car
By D Johnson

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for commuting after the gas prices finally got too much for me to pay with my truck. Been through two midwest winters and although it is small and light, trouble on the road from snow and ice has been minimal. The heater puts out enough heat to be comfortable and the vents are well placed for comfort. The high seating position is a treat and the turning radius makes in town driving easy. Bought the car used so had to accept that there is no cd player, but the aux. input has more than made up for it. The car has more pick up and go than I had anticipated and has great driver visibility and has been extremely reliable up to this point.

Aux. input on radio - good headlights

make the rear wheels alignable -

run far run fast don't buy an Aveo
By RunAwayFromAVEO

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it pre-owned but it was certified. Had it tested at Chevy dealership and they said a good car for the money. Only had it 3 years drive it in Houston to and from work and so far have replaced throttle body assembly 3 times, replaced both front struts at 34000 miles as they were leaking, had an oil leak, replaced shifter assembly & sensor most recently as car would not shift out of park. to day car has been in shop for repairs 14x since April 2008. Not including regular maintenance which I do regular. Purchased this as I needed a reliable car good on gas to go to and from work. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT & BIG MISTAKE. tryign to work something out with GM & Chevy and so far no results ;-(

fold flat seat in the hatchback allow me to fit my 2 large breed dogs. That is about the only feature. I should have bought a Honda Fit, Nissan Versa or a Toyota Yarus.

Chevy should recall all the Aveo's and buy back from owners. At least with the Toyota recall they are doing something to help the owners.