Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Better than you think!
By ss

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been all over the US since bought. It has carried more than 25 cases of vegetables from a case sale without complaint and with minimal impact on its gas mileage, In Summer! It isn't the prettiest car. I call it "TC" which is short for Tin Can. But for solid, reliable, cheap transportation, you flat out cannot beat it!

Dependable. Solid. Good gas mileage.

Two large cup holes not one large and one small.

MPG, not what I expected
By Free4

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the gas mileage so far not what I expected 21 mpg, maybe after it breaks in it will improve. For some reason I find when hitting the brakes it will pulsate at times,( No ABS )will take back to dealer for check. The car rides very good otherwise.

AC very cold, Very peppy, Good ride, fair comfort level.

More leg room, better seat adjustments better Gas mileage,

Fun to drive
By John Thayer

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Aveo. Getting 33 mpg going to and from work (very little stop and go driving). Love the way it handles. Pretty good power for a small car. About the only things I don't like are the coffee mug holders (block the radio and heater) and bad visibility (blind spots) from the rear window. Why are they making all these cars with tiny rear windows? Course, I love small cars. Just upgraded from my Metro and I love being able to pass without fear of falling behind the car I'm trying to pass.

Visibility
By N. Bruce White

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One of the main reasons that attracted me to this vehicle was the wonderful visibility. I found that my eyes easisly and comfortability could continually view all around the outside of the vehicle. No straining to make sharp turns. Adequate seat and mirror adjustments. A very efficient vehicile to maneuver, and drive relaxed.

It is a cute car

Put an arm rest to the right of the driver.

A Neat Little Car
By GOOSE4909

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Zips around neatly in traffic and has plenty of zip on the interstate. Decent gas mileage [I get about 36 overall]. Easy to enter and exit the vehicle. Seats could use a little more padding but you do sit up nice and straight.

I love that you must lock the driver’s door with the key---my wife often locks her keys in her car.

Shifting is uncomfortable and not as smooth as I would expect.