Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

By Far the Best Buy for the Buck
By Stambaub

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. Peppy, plenty of room, and 5-speed with cruise control! Ice cold A/C. Sure footed and fast on the freeway, and plenty of interior room for two 6 foot adults with passengers in the rear. Properly configured it can 'swallow' some pretty large objects for hauling through the rear hatch (large TV's, a vertical tank air compressor on its side, etc.).

5-speed with cruise. Toll ticket slot on dash. Driver's seat height adjustor. Savings with GM Card earnings high. Proper in function Hi beam controller (push for on, pull to flash). Easy to park.

Move gas filler door to the driver's side. Put knurling on radio control knobs so you can manipulate them better. Make tuning knob on the radio a normal tuning knob in use, not a spring loaded twist up or down type.

The big Trip
By Gobrowns

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to let you all know that I recently drove my little Aveo from Alaska to Texas. This car handled the mountains, rough roads, and the 4,800 miles I put on it in just 5 days. I have the best value hatchback so I don't have all the amenities as the other models but I made it safe and sound and the car held up remarkably well. I've owned the car for 6 months now and 7,000 miles later the only thing I've had to take it into the shop for was the darn hatchback handle broke. Other than that, absolutely, this car is a tank. Oh and by the way I only spent $600 dollars on gas for my 4,800 mile trip!

Gas mileage. it's fun to drive. Love the price, and I like the steering wheel for some reason.

getrid of the annoying passenger airbag light.

2006 Aveo LS
By Billy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 600 miles on my new Aveo LS and so far I am pleased. First tank of gas was 32 mpg mostly highway miles. Second tank was 34.5 mpg. I hope it conteniues to go up from here. I bought it as a transportation car to save on gas to and from work but find myself wanting to drive it all the time. I also have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that I love but at 13 mpg it sits home alot.

MPG, roomy, looks

Same as everyone: armrest, 6th gear on trans, better mileage, 100,000 mile warrenty,

Little car that can
By Jamie

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing many different makes and models I finally settled on the Aveo. And it has not disappointed. I use my car for both personal and business uses, so I wanted good fuel economy(don't we all!) and interior room. I can honestly say that my Aveo is a better overall car and value than the 2007 Hyundai Accent and 2006 Kia Rio that I also tested and compared. The steering and suspension is tight and responsive. The engine is only rated at 103HP (lower than both the accent and rio) but it has good torque (especially from 1st to 2nd gear) to get you up to speed. Overall the cars performance and drive is better than I expected from a car of this size.

Interior room, fuel economy, 15 inch aluminum wheels and the stylish exterior design of the hatchback. The price (less than $13,000).

Improve the audio system (more speakers!), dash layout- get rid of the lights that stay on to tell me that the passenger airbag is off!, needs an interior hatchback release.

Nice Car Fun to Drive
By Vince

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought both 2006 sedan and hatchback within 2 days. Both are automatics, they handle nice on the highway, are a very quiet ride and have a very roomy interior. Gas mileage is 27-28 for both with a/c and mixed hwy/city. Haven't taken a trip yet to see Hwy mileage. We have less than 500 miles on the engine and hope to see more improved mileage. So far we are very happy with our purchases.

Upgraded sound system, power sunroof, interior comfort, luxury car standards and upgrades ie: Keyless entry, 1-4 locking system, fog lights, Cruise control, MP3 player, impressive body style.

No center console, Longer body style for the hatchback,