Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I've had good luck
By amylou

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $9000 for the bare bones 2006 sedan and for the price, I'm happy with it and plan on driving it until it dies. No problems with engine, tranny, electrical, etc. Gear transition chunky, does not improve. I'm lax with regular maintenance and simply don't care about image , so combined with the iffy craftsmanship minor things are always breaking and falling off, too expensive to fix. But I have always LOVED the shape of it, no one wants to steal my little inconspicuous crank-window value model. Needed bushings early on and the shocks/struts have degraded to a Lincoln Continental rolling sort of ride. Unstable in wind on highway. Good for short commute, would buy again for the TRUNK!

HUGE trunk, cute from behind, mileage, reliable, nice stying inside, large side mirrors, rear view less obstructed than the hatchback, eyeglasses holder seems trivial but very useful, narrow to fit between rude SUV parkers, brakes worked great when it counts and stop on a dime with good control.

better quality gadgets and gizmos, more stability in wind, wheel covers scratch easily, if you live on a bumpy road the suspension suffers and bushings go bad, has a well known problem with gear transition that makes shifting a 2-motion event and this never got better, I just got used to it.

Driver's view
By sailor3

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. I have made two trips from Frederick Maryland to Florida. On one trip I drove across Interstate 75 at 75 mph on that trip I averaged 35 mpg. I drove to North Carolina and averaged 32 mpg. These are actual driving figures not EPA fudged figures. In city driving my average mile is 25 mpg. My only complaint is with the Cruise Control set up. Having the button under the switch that must be pressed to use the on off switch on the top of the steering wheel is a stupid design.

The adjustable height of the drivers seat and the intermittent wipers.

Either move the switch that has to be closed to use the activation switch on the steering wheel to a better location or eliminate it altogether, possibly combine its function with the on off switch.

The Worst Car Ever
By Erin

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop over and over again. I have had transmission problems, wiring problems, engine problems....you name it. And, for some of the issues, I had to take it in two, three, or four times before they could find the problem. For instance, I was driving around with a bad throttle body for 2.5 years before they found the problem. And, I took it in because a lot of my lights were not working, and there was a wiring problem. After 3 visits, the wiring is still not correct, but they say it is. When I took it in bc of the wiring, they realized my gearshift was bad, and they had to replace it. This is a warning to everybody out there, do not buy an Aveo.

Roomy Interior...yeah, I think that's it.

The biggest thing is to fix the wiring problem. I am not the only person who has had this issue. There are so many things, and this thing won't give me room to say it all.... My only suggestion is to just recall the piece of junk you call a car.

CUTEST FLOWER POWER CAR!!
By AILEEN

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have driven my car to Philly, New Jersey,way upstate NY and love it. I don't get great gas mileage :( but it's zippy for a manual and comfortable to drive. Its yellow & I recently put a big cool purple flower on the hood and I hope to start a new trend to replace the Volkswagen bug..haha MY CAR IS CUTER!!!

very easy manual transmission, shifting and getting into traffic is a breeze, speedy pick up,parking is easy and the sunroof is great

Blowing all over the road on a windy day & having to grip the steering wheel to keep the car going straight,speakers are not loud enough. Even the smallest dip or pothole cost me 130.00 for another tire I have replaced my front tires 4x!! Awful in the snow got stuck on a 4"pile of snow!!!!

Great Little Car for Short Cash
By moremileage

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 01/07 with 19,000 miles on it. I love the car, it is great for my trips to work, and for short jaunts around town. It's not a Deville, but it sure is what it supposed to be! Small, and economical!

Moonroof that opens like an expensive car! Seats are comfortable with plenty of headroom. Large trunk.

Improved gas mileage. I only get about 25mpg combined.