Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Poor Gas Mileage
By Dissapointed

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, comfortable and attractive. Good visibility for a petite driver. Very disappointed in gas mileage. For the first year I owned it, I comuted 60 miles RT daily, mostly freeway speeds, and never got over 29 mpg. I am a good driver who regularly go 38-40 out of my Saturn SL1, and expected this car to exceed the federal ratings. I was very disappointed to discover that the ratings are a total fairy tales. Best mileage ever was 29, and usually got 25-27.

Fit, comfort, overall performance.

Dislike confusing center console shifter. Even after 2 years, I have to look to double check what gear I am in. Also poor gas mileage.

4 door wonder!
By Luvmyaveo

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can not believe how much fun it is to drive this "babycar"! My friends call it my Jelly Bean and they are astonished at how much room it has inside, and how much we can haul with just 2 of us. We fold the rear seats down and off to Costo we go! This car has the heart of a Corvette, and the fuel economy of a smart car. It is a treat to drive and own!

Roominess, power, and yet economical

Power locks and windows

I love my Aveo!
By jcseinar

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Aveo as a commuter car. I have never driven anything but a truck, so downsizing was a little hard to get used to. I have driven this Aveo everyday for the past year and a half without any trouble whatsoever. I change the oil and perform regular maintenance, but this car has been 100% free of trouble. It runs like a top. I get great gas mileage at about 42 MPG.

Engine is great; hatchback is handy and hauls a lot of stuff.

I added an armrest between the front bucket seats. The ride is very comfortable.

to many probelms
By fgsmith

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Has had 4 sets of headlights in 2 yrs. 2 full sets of tires. Needs serpentine belt @ 40,000 these problems are not resolved ignition coil replaced @ 20,000 miles. New sunroof @less than 5000 mp3 player didn't last six months. Struts @ 20,000 miles. Gear shift assembly @ 15,000. Car dies in traffic @times other times won't start a lot of problems seem to be electrical in origin. Other mechanics say the car has been wrecked. I bought it new. The car only has 40,000 on it now. Gas mileage not as good as advertised also had crank sensor replaced @ 15,000.

like the size and how it drives most of time.

more mechanically reliable car

Great Little Car
By rharris

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lot of fun to drive and handles well in city and country driving. Seats are a little hard for long trips. Needs more cup holders.

Body style and quick response in city traffic situations

Better seats and an upgraded stereo system.