Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Little Car
By Steve

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This little Chevy Aveo of mine Has been one of the trustworthy running cars I have ever owned . I now have over 40,000 miles plus on it , And it's never been in the shop for repairs . It's been to the Mid-west from the west coast and back over the Mountains and this little car ran great even at speeds at 85-mph And this car gave me no pains at all. The only time my car has been in the shop was for an il change. This little car has a super great turning rate . One can do a U-Turn in a tighter spot than any other car I have ever known to do . This little car is fun to drive .

Easy to meet hiway speeds coming into hiway traffic . A very agile handling car and easy to control .

Reliable and easy on the gas!
By Denise

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Best features on this vehichle is the reliability and the gas mileage. These were most important to me as I drive 100 miles RT to work M-F. Storage space very good, both inside the car, and the trunk. A bit noisy on the highway, and really lacks power up hills....but still overall, drives pretty good. I haven't had any major problems, just bad tires, or a car that creates bad tires, don't know. The price reflects the car you are buying, just the basics! Meaning, no power anything, and just AM/FM radio, but then I just bought the car to get me from work and back, and it does that just fine. Price unbeatable.

Storage, gas mileage, reliability.

Noise level, maybe add a better stereo to drown it out. Better tires.

Anemic
By Mark

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Since my purchase of a 2005 Aveo, I have been greatly disappointed. I had a Geo Metro Hatchback (3 Cyl) that had more get up and go than this car with 15mpg more than what I am now receiving. The tires wore out in 25000 miles of highway driving. The A/C is marginal, and the auto- transmission is absolutely the worst. I also have a Plymouth Voyager, it gets almost the same gas mileage as the 1000lb smaller car with 2 more cyclinders to feed gas. I'm lucky to get 25 mpg in city, a corvette will get the same driven moderately. This is one of the poorest cars GM has put their badge on, period. For the same amount of money, go buy a Honda Accord or Civic.

The cd/stereo is actually quite good. The sunroof is a nice feature, but the A/C can't keep up with the interior heat buildup.

Take GM's namebadge off the Daewoo that this is. Short of that, a better transmission that engages more firmly, and locks up earlier. Better tires, the stock ones wore out within 25000 miles. The MPG is big engine sedan, not gas sipping econo-car.

My Experience with this car, Chevy Aveo
By Chevy Aveo

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although the little Chevy Aveo may very well be the cheapest car that one can by brand new, my experience with my Chevy Aveo has been nothing but wonderful . After reading all the Pro's and Con's about the car , I bought one for myself and I love it. This last July 2007 I took a road trip to the state of Minnesota from where I live ( Seattle Washington) qnd that little car ran the best and most trouble free then any other . Performance wise, slightly weak in the mountains but did alright considering the steepness of the hills. In the mountains for gas mileage I got about 32 mph . On the flat lands I got the best of 40 plus miles to the gallon even with the A/C on .

Comfort and its tight turning to get around in traffic is great. This car can make a U-Turn in less space then any other I know of .

I am not a redneck for speed , But I do like passing power . This car will go from 0 to 70 mph very quickly when going onto the highway with the gas pedal only half way down, But when it comes to passing another It would be nice to have a kick down switch on the transmission shifter .

Don't Buy It!
By Autumn

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like many people, I need an economical vehicle that will get me from point A to point B. This car is economical, but not very trustworthy. I would not buy it again. As it is, mine has less than 30,000 miles on it and is starting to do things such a new car should not do. It occasionally hesitates upon starting, it makes strange sounds when it is running, the gas light quit working, and it's rattling itself apart (the driver's side armrest rattles when driving). I don't trust the car any more and am looking into getting rid of it before the warranty runs out. Of course, it's not paid off and this car is worth nothing as a trade in. Bum deal! Don't fall for it like I did!

I love the look of this little car.

I'm not the only one complaining about the transmission having a hard time shifting, and it having hesitation upon starting. Would be nice if they could fix these major problems!