Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

She's the Best
By laura

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little baby. This was a great investment and I haven't been sorry even 1 day. My husband is 6'2" and I am 5'3" and we are both happy with the roomyness as well as how she handles. I get between 35 and 40 to the gallon and we love her at the pump. We love her so much we call her Cherry. I pet her behind the mirrors till she purrs each night(just kidding) I plan to buy another one next year I just hope that they keep them as great as this one.

Exterior is sharp. Easy handling in town or on highway. Gas mileage is great. Plenty of room inside.

More pick up for passing.

Basic transportation
By Michael Kinney

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Three years we have been driving this car. Its is hard to hold on the freeway with any kind of side wind. I can say that is is basic tranportation. Mileage is nothing to speak of. I wished I still had my Metro. It was a better car.

The room.

Better mileage.

Great car, poor A/C
By DW

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think that this car is great. Good on gas, and just enough room for me and my son. However every summer I am having A/C problems. The A/C never gets cold enough and when it does start to work I can't use the A/C adapter and air conditioner at the same time.So charging my cell during road trips are usually out of the question. Other than that the car is great. The heating system works great and no other complaints.

Better air conditioner system.

Great Car For The Money
By Jim

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Many people make the mistake of comparing this car to a Camry, Accord or some much more expensive car. However for between 10K and 13K this is a great car. Mine gets great mileage, looks good and is easy on the wallet. I think it's the greatest bargain in the US. It's a great car at a great price.

Simple features, smooth lines, easy to care for.

Increase gas tank to about 13.5 gallons so it will go just a bit farther down the interstate.

Long term information
By KW

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 56,000 miles on my 5 spd hatchback. Love it. Absolutely no problems, never been in the shop. Ride is very smooth and controlled. Turns on a dime (18 ft turning circle). Lifetime average MPG is at 34.7, top was 44, lowest was 27, but only been below 30 MPG four times. Last 6 months overall average is 38.9 MPG. I can't believe the value I got with this purchase. Engine just purrs. Ride is quiet at 60-65 cruise speed (but I've been keeping it at 55 lately for better MPG). Acceleration is adequate for all my needs. Would by another without question. Fit and finish is supurb. Seat is comfortable for long drives. Plenty of room for backseat passengers.

Looks great. Snappy red color, high MPG capability has saved me a lot. Handles very well. Parks with ease. Low purchase price. Good A/C, good radio/CD/MP3 player. Easy oil/filter changes.

Center arm rest would help on my trips, but I understand this is now available on newer Aveos.