Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

great car 4 money
By chevyman

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

ease to drive

standard arm rest 4 driver, dome light in middle of roof.

Great mileage
By idlework

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage...loved it so much we went back to dealership 4 months later to buy another for daughter in college. EXCELLENT Mileage on highway. City MPG fluctuates. Both cars had service engine light come on at 70,000 miles-both O sensor. Daughter hit herd of deer at 50 mph, car lost but she was unhurt. Small but safe. Hate the tires that come with it from manufacturer--both cars needed replaced within 15,000 miles. Heat and air nice. Got hatchbacks and everything fits when seats folded down! Put a 5 ft Xmas tree in there every year...also bought 6 ft kitchen counter top at Lowes and it fit!

MILEAGE! Fact that it turns on a dime and gives back change. Easy to park. Available space in hatchback.

Don't like cup holder space-need to move your cup to get to heat/air controls. Very LIGHT, doesn't handle AT ALL in wind esp on highway. No armrest comfort. Minimal pick up-if you need to go from 0-60mph quickly-it won't happen.

Our little pill car
By Happy Pancake

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We called this car our little pill. It was white, and shaped just like a gel tab of Tylenol. :) For using this car as a primary means of communication to and from work, I give this car a 10! For having enough room to fit 2 carseats, a stroller, and a passenger, that's it! Forget groceries or driving the mother-in-law somewhere.

The mpg was refreshing to only need to fill up bi-weekly.

Car overheated on a trip with some mountains. Felt like driving the little engine that could get up the hill.

80,000 miles, no problems
By Gene

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Hello, I'm reading through all the previous posts and amazed of all the problems that people are having. As of July 1, 2009 I have 80,000 miles on mine. It will be four years old in October. I will admit the original tires were junk, I replaced them at around 20,000 and now have Toyo's. The new tires are wearing awesome, I can probably get around 75,000 miles on them. Other then that, oil change every 5k, rotate tires every 10k. My goal was to get 100,000 miles on it (five years). Gas mileage, I travel 85 miles per day and I have been getting 34-37 MPG

Plain and simple, love it.

Better speakers

By Candace

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car two year and it broke down on me in the summer and it only had 67,000 miles on it. The thermostat housing melted the auto repair man said that it happened only because of how cheap the car was made and what it was made of. The car being fuel efficient is great but if something happens and it over heats then you need to get a new engine which is worth what the car it worth. I would not recommend this to anyone.