Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Not too Shabby
By ahartney

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall pretty dependable. I drive it to and from work everyday, regularly change the oil and haven't had any major issues up until now. Last night, was driving and heard a pop. I looked under the hood and it had sprayed coolant all over, starting from the passenger side near the air filter box. Turns out that a lot of Aveo owners have had the same issue. The factory thermostat housing is made of plastic and is held together with glue. Mine basically separated into two pieces right at the gasket. Options are buy an aluminum one for approx. $100.. ($91.78 plus tax from the dealer) or use plastic weld to glue it back together. By the way...parts are only carried by the dealer.

Replace thermostat housing with aluminum instead of factory plastic

Piece of junk
By Big Mistake

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

you name it it has gone out or broke while driving. I git this for my daughter hoping this would be a good car.,. All I can say is thank god she is alive and hasn't been killed by the crap of a car they chevy put out. There was a reason I don't but chevy's.

none

Give money invest back would be Nice so a I could get her a safe car to drive.

Our little pill car
By Happy Pancake

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We called this car our little pill. It was white, and shaped just like a gel tab of Tylenol. :) For using this car as a primary means of communication to and from work, I give this car a 10! For having enough room to fit 2 carseats, a stroller, and a passenger, that's it! Forget groceries or driving the mother-in-law somewhere.

The mpg was refreshing to only need to fill up bi-weekly.

Car overheated on a trip with some mountains. Felt like driving the little engine that could get up the hill.

80,000 miles, no problems
By Gene

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Hello, I'm reading through all the previous posts and amazed of all the problems that people are having. As of July 1, 2009 I have 80,000 miles on mine. It will be four years old in October. I will admit the original tires were junk, I replaced them at around 20,000 and now have Toyo's. The new tires are wearing awesome, I can probably get around 75,000 miles on them. Other then that, oil change every 5k, rotate tires every 10k. My goal was to get 100,000 miles on it (five years). Gas mileage, I travel 85 miles per day and I have been getting 34-37 MPG

Plain and simple, love it.

Better speakers

She's the Best
By laura

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little baby. This was a great investment and I haven't been sorry even 1 day. My husband is 6'2" and I am 5'3" and we are both happy with the roomyness as well as how she handles. I get between 35 and 40 to the gallon and we love her at the pump. We love her so much we call her Cherry. I pet her behind the mirrors till she purrs each night(just kidding) I plan to buy another one next year I just hope that they keep them as great as this one.

Exterior is sharp. Easy handling in town or on highway. Gas mileage is great. Plenty of room inside.

More pick up for passing.