Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Aveo
By princess

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is not one I would recommend I have had so many problems with it. It has been in and out of the shop for 2 months now and that should not be happening with 5500 miles on it I purchased it in April...I do not suggest this car to anyone. They are garbage.

To find out the problems with these cars and fix them because there are plenty.

I love my Metro all grown up!!
By John McCommas

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car and I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It reminds me so much of my little blue Metro that I bought in 1994. Those engines in those cars did stink when they got old but they were so much fun to drive. Great on gas too. I have a few beefs though about the Aveo. I don't think the blue was sharp enough. I hated the pastel blue and the other blue just did not pop. So I got the red which does pop. The other thing is I got an automatic and I find it does not shift right a lot of times. It is stuck in a lower gear and you have to pump the gas a little to get the gears to move so the ride is smooth again.

I love these back to the future windows that roll with a crank! That is the best ever feature!! You don’t need keys to roll the windows up or down. Cool!

Remove obstructing headrests in back seat, a better cup holder, maybe put the emergency break under the dash so space could be used in-between seats for beverages, cd storage etc. side airbags, car matt for drivers side, multiple cd radio, locks for rear doors.

I Love My Aveo
By zensmile

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive, kinda like a super go-cart for big kids. I really like the way this car drives and it is peppy for being only 1.6L--a great city car and good for short trips (200-350 miles).

The size of the car is amazing. Very easy to parallel park and zips in and out of city traffic. It is roomier inside that it appears. The design of the interior is exceptional and modern.

The only thing that I can think of is the glove box. It would be nicer if the compartment were a tad larger. Otherwise, it is almost perfect!

I love my Aveo
By Ilona

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought an 05 Chevy Aveo LT (the hatchback version) for me as my first car. I'm an 18 year old college student and this car is perfect for me. It gets me to school, to see my friends, and do whatever else I need. I've driven in it for over 4 hours with my dad on vacation, and am going to take it to Lake Tahoe (a 6-7 hr drive from LA) in a few weeks for winter break. It's an overall reliable vehicle, roomy enough to fit 5 people (4 without a problem), and to top it off is super cute. I get compliments on it all the time, and all my friends + family love to drive in it with me. I love this car!

I love that it comes standard with a CD/mp3 player. I can't really choose a favorite feature, but that one sure is fun.

The Aveo doesn't come with an armrest in between the two frontseats like you would usually expect in a sedan, so that would be a nice addition.

A decent if not ordinary vehicle
By Josh Lymon

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting about 2000 mi on this model, I am generally very pleased with it. The high speed handling is competent, and it feels good behind the wheel. on a recent 600 mi trip on the interstate, I got 34 mpg. Around town I am getting 26-28. It has all the room I need, takes washboard and bumpy roads with grace, and has an overall decent feel. I come from a Toyota/Honda history, so I was very pleasantly surprised the Aveo was so nice. I don't like the fact I can't see the end of the hood or even behind. I'm a lousy parallel parker, and these factors don't help. I'm disappointed the rear has a blind spot. I would recommend this model to anybody interested in economy without investing a lot

The looks of this car at first are kind of quirky. But I have gotten quite happy with the appearence.

Lights/Windshield wiper control seem to be the exact opposite of all my other cars. Wish it had a center armrest or console.