Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great little car
By Tara

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September of 2005 and I now have almost 19,000 miles on it. I really love to drive this car and it's great for both in-town and long distance driving. Great gas mileage. The only problem I have had is defroster noise...and only when it's really cold. There's a lot of room in the car despite its small size.

CD player, sunglass holder, covering for trunk in hatchback.

Fix the defroster noise.

Great Inexpensive Daily Driver
By EllwynX

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car almost a year/6200 miles it's been a very reliable vehicle. Plenty of room for tall drivers despite its small stature. Performs well for a car its price. Plenty of features (power windows/locks/mirror/sunroof, keyless entry, CDw/mp3 capability) for an entry level car. If you're in the market for one now, I say wait for the 2007's to come out. Their look is MUCH improved over the '04-'06 and they are getting a few more features not available on the '04-'06's. The Aveo was the #1 selling car in it's class for '05 and that should continue with the improved '07 model being released this year. My Performance/Fun ratings are low due to my having an '02 Camaro previously.

You get plenty of features for the money.

Gas mileage. I only average 23mpg around town. I got that in my '02 V6 Camaro and expected better from the Aveo. Needs another gear, you can just feel the engine wanting to shift at highway speeds. Arm rest and Cruise Control would be nice.

Great Car, Greater Value
By Jim

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, gas mileage is great and it looks sharp. Many compact cars may get higher ratings, and may score higher when compared but considering that the car only cost me $10,600 with the MP3 stereo as compared to many compacts costing twice that price its an awesome little car. I dont feel that you can acurately compare a $20,000 car to a $10,000 car so as for Consumer Reports they should compare apples to apples. I can say this I have 8800 miles on mine, it has had no repairs, gets great mileage and I would buy it over again given the need or chance.

Its stylsih, has cool inside trim, comes in great colors and doesnt feel cheap.

Improvements would be to enlarge the fuel tank and make it about 5 gallons larger, so the car would have an awesome range between fillups.

I loved it...at first
By loreeb18

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 92 Metro that I loved. When it broke, I got a new 2005 Aveo. I thought it was cute and fun to drive. I didn't have a lot of problems at first. But in the past couple months, I had to get my lock bezzle replaced, my fan blower motor was replaced once and is back in again for the same problem, and there's a crack in my brake system (which is why I've had to refill the brake fluid 3 times in 14 months). My car has been at the dealership for 2 weeks now and I'm still waiting to get it back.

Cute look, bright color (I have spicy orange), fun to drive, inexpensive, easy to park

Fix the problems that I've mentioned having -- brake system, fan blower motor

Good car
By Ed

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only problems are door grip rattle, defroster noise, terrible tires Great on gas, fun to drive, more roomy than you would think, very comfortable for a small car, large trunk

Comfort, fun to drive, great on gas

Defroster noise, tire noise, inside door grip rattle