Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Aveos Rock
By Aveo-Luvr

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is much more spacious than it initially looks. Even though it is the most inexpensive model, it rides very smoothly and you don't hear every crack in the road. It is the first new auto I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone commuting or even as a first car. They are inexpensive, the insurance is inexpensive, and they get great gas mileage. They have a lot of get-up-and-go for such a small engine. I love my AVEO!!!

1.Roomy interior 2.Style/colors 3.Fun to drive 4. Fits in tiny parking spots!

Air conditioning in all models.

Awesome for the price
By M Henry

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this little car. I've got rabbits, and if I go on trips with them the carriers fit well in the back seat without giving up too much front legroom. My wife is a bit heavy, and I can feel the handling difference when she's in the car, but it's not bad at all. Me and a buddy of mine run time trials through a little curvy section of road and it feels pretty tight at 45 and you never feel like you're going to roll. I could complain about the mileage, but I figure it's less to fill up than my co-workers that drive big trucks everyday so it's not bad. I drive a little rough on it but still get a decent 27-28 mpg.

Comfy seats, tilt steering, back seats fold up to make a flat area.

Could use a bit more underslung cargo space in trunk. Also, the rear wiper could use a timer, and cruise control would be nice.

Maintenance Nightmare
By Cindy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been in the shop 6 times in under a year from issues with the clock, parking brake not holding car on hills even in park, Blower motor issues, suspension crunch problems in the front end, brake problems , do yourself a favor and stay away from this little time bomb, we traded it in last week with 10,000 mi on her and bought a new Cobalt LS Sedan, this car is so much nicer inside and it gets better mileage than the Aveo did, It has more power and a way better ride and the price was about the same as the Aveo

Little Orange Slice
By Greg

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as a second car to commute to work in. I really like it the gas milage is pretty good. The little car rides great and is very comfortable. I have a PT Crusier and the Aveo is very similer in the sitting position. I love the bright spicy orange color, it stands out.

Choice of colors, the trunk is great, build quilty is up there compared to some other cars in same price range. Also lots of car for the money.

Standard CD player.

A good car
By bocar

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I get 31.6 mpg , combined city & highway driving.it's an excellent little car , if you don't mind shifting a lot.I can park in almost parking spot you can imagine, my other car is a 3/4 T pickup.

Fold down rear seat & hatchback door

Many times when I step on the brake, I also step on the gas pedal. This usually is not a problem, because I have the clutch depreesed.