Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Excellent for the price.
By tronno22556

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I paid $7999.02 with taxes, tags, etc a year ago, brand new. Excellent price. I needed a car, and cheap at that. I'm not unhappy with the car or the purchase at all. I put about 17,000 on it delivering pizzas and it performed wonderfully. It's very reliable. Nothing gave out yet, except for the tires. It ate the factory tires bare. New tires had to go on at 21,000 miles. It averaged about 28 MPG delivering pizza, and about 30 to 33 during "normal" driving. The trunk is huge. Easy enough to do my own oil changes and tire rotations. The only mechanic work I've had to hire out is installing the tires on the old rims.

Price. The big plus here is the price. Daytime running lights.

Cheap-o tires from the factory. Awful. Wore them bald at 21,000 miles. Tough to shift at first, especially into reverse. It seems to have broken in after 15,000 miles though. Kind of ugly. Looks like a Toyota Echo / Geo Metro cross.

I love my little bird!
By kimcan84

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive! It may not be the most powerful little car in the world, but it gets me where I need to be. It's super comfortable (at least from where I'm sitting). I love that I can raise and lower the driver's seat. The stereo system is pretty nice as well (MP3 cd player).

The factory-installed MP3 cd player.

Perhaps a little more leg-room in the back. And maybe a bit better gas mileage.

Pretty nice first car
By Randy in Georgia

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car. I have put well over 20,000 miles on it and it is still ticking without any problems. Gas milage could be better and the dings I have received from cars bumping my doors are annoying. I certainly will upgrade for my next purchase and probably get a Toyota Prius, but this is an excellent starter car.

The MP3 CD player, the door handles.

Body should be able to handle bumps from car doors much better. My doors look horrible from the dings. Very cheap making.

The Chevrolet Aveo
By Susan Zimmer

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Chevrolet Aveo not knowing anything about the car. It turns out that I love the Aveo. You can actually enter and leave the car without falling on the ground. The Aveo drives on snow with ease to handle. Parking is easier, and pulling out of a parking space and backing out is much easier than a smaller car.

There is jerking sometimes. The car could have a smoother ride. It is a little bumpy. But the manuvering is easy.

Imported Chevy
By FWG

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reminds me of a Chevy economy car not an import. Nice ride for so little cost. Aveo is equal to a Nissan Sentra (Mid 90's model) in ride and quietness. Buy it cheap and drive the devil out of it!! (5/60 running gear warranty) Remember this is not a $20,000 car for $10,000 This is a $10,000 car that should be compared to another $10,000.00 car!

Price and standard features. Power for the price. Gas mileage.The ride and quietness for so little money!

Keep the quality in and the price low!