Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Toy car
By Konstantine

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awful, timing belt snapped at 4500 miles, replaced engine and never worked the same again. Multiple problems in the design yet GM still doesn't do anything about it. Don't be fooled, this is NOT an American-made car. It's a Daewoo Lanos in a Suzuki designed body. I cringe every time I see one on the road now, GM should scrap it as it is giving them a terrible reputation.

window size

the entire power-train needs to be re-designed.

Wouldn't recommend one to anyone
By Driving Junk

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Timing belt broke 45,000 took out all but one valve. Coil pack went out 55,000. Right rear wheel bearing went out 59,000. Catalytic converter went out 60,000. Alarm system goes off on its own 63,000. Right rear wheel bearing went out second time disintegrating locking up rear wheel, no warning. 110,000 windshield leak above steering wheel, only when setting. Hood release cable snapped 112,000. Rear hatch latch stopped working 113,000. Gas mileage never better then 32mpg

Roomy interior (for a car this size)

Either change gearing or add a 6 speed for better highway speed to rpm 2004 tires were dangerous in the snow. Use more aggressive tread.

Korean Quality!
By Never Again

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was awful. I've owned it less than six months and I've had to put an average of $400 per month to keep it on the road. In the time that I have owned it, three of the four wheel bearings have gone bad, the tranny went, the engine is going.

Sunroof

Besides overall quality, I would say cruise control (although that may be optional, as I purchased used.)

Run Away and Never Return!
By necietoo

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased as a gift brand new. I was very disappointed it didn't last 3years and the timing belt broke and the car was extremely damaged. Like 5600 dollars in damages the car only cost 9000 to 10000 dollars are you for real? Please, please, please do not buy this car. It will leave you stranded!

The key-lock only for the driver side door.

Make a better engine period. Take advice from Honda, Nissan, or Toyota

Very pleased with my Aveo
By Tom

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with my Aveo, on average I get about 29-30 miles per gallon in town and when I'm on the open road I've averaged as high as 36- 37 miles per gallon. recently a dealer offered me well over the bluebook value for my aveo because they were looking to boost their inventory of smaller cars, but why should I get something new when I get the mileage that I do. Really have not had to put a great deal of money into it, just the basic and recommended things. Overall I can only say good things about my Aveo and that I won't be getting anything new soon, because the newer cars don't even get the miles per gallon my car does now.

Like dashboard it seems to be well thought out, at least in my mind. Also, it can hold its own accelerating onto freeways and highways.

As in any small car the tires seem to wear out fairy quickly and the Aveo is no different at least in my opinion. Could use a louder and more powerful sounding horn, to get the attention of the big boys on the road and little more headroom as I hit my head exiting the car from time to time.