Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Crap
By 2004 aveo owner

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car right from the beginning it has been nothing but trouble. I have had problems with the radio and heater I turn car off it stays on, they supposedly fixed it several times, also had timing belt problem, temperature casing split, I replaced, back wheel all had to be replaced, oil or something spraying out, transmission sticks, brake switch had to be replaced, twice this car is a nightmare, called Chevy main plant and they didn't want anything to do with my complaints. Let me tell you, I will never buy a Chevy again no wonder everyone is turning to ford or jeep and I have around 78k on my car so reading all this I guess the engine is due to go. GREAT

Don"t buy Chevy they don't back up there cars

Unreliable
By elizabeth

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced all 4 door locks, fell inside door twice within 4 years. Seat belts recalled just added cheap plastic to keep from twisting. Part that retracts seat belt fails after a few uses. Safety not Chevrolet's concern. Factory failed to seal gasket. Radio quit after a few months wouldn't turn on, daytime running lights didn't work within first 12 months. Mpg in town I have a car now getting same gas mileage as my aveo. Not reliable at all toward the end had in shop 3 out of 4 days. Front wheel bearing went. This car was babied and fell apart at 40,000 miles. Better have deep pockets. Not an low maintenance car.

color , style

seats uncomfortable, needs to be more reliable. Door locks, door handles, electrical system, quality of parts.Safety seat belts part that retracts,

Do not buy this car.
By Alexz1105

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The problems every Aveo owner is venting on (timing belt) happened to myself as well. I was on my way home after work and all of sudden my car stopped. Turns out the timing belt busted causing me to have to get another used engine since the valves were bent, and the head gasket was blown. Which cost me a total of $2300.00, now after that pricey repair I had to have my fuel module repaired plus, my O2 sensor which costs me another $700. It's heartbreaking because I figured it's a Chevrolet product and they are a reliable brand. But the more I read about this car I find its manufacturer is Daewoo. Who the heck are they? Case in Point don't buy this car get a Toyota, Yaris.

Great on gas before 50,000 miles.

Trade in the car before it hits 50,000 miles.

Low cost commute
By Texas Commuter

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $9k in 2005 with only 10k miles on it. I have a 20 mile commute, half highway half city. I get around 32 hwy and 30 average. It started missing in year 3 but new plugs fixed the problem. Also a sensor on the brake pedal broke and would not shift into gear. At 80k replaced the timing belt and water pump at the same time. Ran great. At 137k now it needs some engine repairs. Waiting to hear on cost.

Gas mileage. Easy to park. Easy to use controls. Good visibility. Roomier inside than it looks.

Center arm rest. Cruise control. Bigger cupholders for front passenger.

low miles engine blow
By 04aveo

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

No Major problems with this car till now. Just driving along and timing belt broke and blew engine. Quotes from 2800.00 to 3500.00 that's almost half the sticker price which 7750.00. I just paid the thing off not real happy. The more I read about this money pit the more I think I should just get another car

liked the size made parking easy good gas miles

drink holder shouldn't be right above ash tray. should improve visablity issues.