Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Commuter? This is your Car!
By Aveothustic

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A solid good looking "Puddle jumper". I commute 105 Km.(65 mi.) per day. Have read complaiants about it being slow and unable to keep up on the highway. Not true! Does well on our expressways. A sustained 120KPH.(75 MPH) is no problem, and I still have pedal left. I have had other "small cars"...no competition. The load capacity with seats in HB forward is impressive. Passenger room in the rear is amazing. I love GM products, and although it is an import, it still carries the Chevy "Bow Tie", and merits the GM service. Good enough for me, and the gas mileage at today's prices...great!

Driver and passenger space for tall persons. Great automatic transmission. I like the gated shifter. General style and appearance.

Cruise control would be a great addition, and save even more fuel on longer trips.

A great little family car
By chalda

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Affordable to purchase, maintain, and run. Great on long car trips (over 500mi) and very good looking for an economy car. Don't compare it to the expensive cars, but if you compare to others in its class (Toyota Echo, Pontiac Wave, Sunfire, Cavalier) this car outdoes them all for space and apppearance. I test drove them all and still bought the Aveo. We all love it!

Roomy interior, soothing lighting, great comfy seats. Fun to drive.

Those front cupholders are hardly worth having - not a plus at all...but it's such a minor thing.

Love this car
By randydriver

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this car I have had it a month and a half. It was the last 2004 on the lot and it had a 5-speed. I have averaged about 29 mpg around town and 38-40 on out of town trips. I like the quirky style and the cavernous interior.

I really like the mileage and the quite interior. The ride is very good.

The only thing I would like to see on the car is a better air conditioner.

Great Economy Car
By Dustin

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car for someone who does lots of driving. I have already put about 17,000 miles on mine in 6 months time with no problems, just general service checks. The driver's conditions could be better. It took a while to get used to foot placement for best comfort. The trunk is extra roomy, as is the interior. I bought the bottom line model for a little over $6000, great buy! My only small complaint is my max MPG has been 35, and that was in excellent conditions. Average is more like 31- 33.

Price, gas mileage, still roomy

Comfort for the driver in dash placement. Taller guys have knees in the dash until you get used to it.

My 2005 AVEO is GREAT!
By John Hunter

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very well built auto in all aspects of a compact fuel saver transportation and just plain fun to drive car! I use the car for comuting to and from work on city streets and highway. Interior comfort is more than I expected for the price. The prime reason for this purchase is fuel efficency and that's what I got!

Great mileage