Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Happy with a few complaints
By Sunburst Orange

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is absolutely gorgeous, so many compliments, rivals that of my Corvette. As far as mpg not bad for what you are driving. Drives nice but I encourage all buyers to purchase air ride! Makes your $40,000 vehicle ride like a $40K should. This is a big vehicle with lots of blind spots. Get back up camera for sure! Another problem, to lower the mid gate you have to move both front seats up a lot! Not even an option for long trips. Seats aren't as comfortable as I would like but maybe it's just me. Light in bed should be controlled by tailgate not courtesy lights. I have had a few things that seem like they need replaced but I bought mine used so might just be driven rough. I love it.

Remote start, rubber bed mat (keeps your stuff from rolling around), backup cam (so you can see what's behind you), DVD (for the kids), moon roof, Bose sound, and air ride suspension!

Having to move up the front seats to lower midgate. Air ride should be standard, I mentioned the bed light, and the change/junk holder for the center console should come on your $40k truck not sold separately

It Rocks
By johnny avalanche

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Went from a Ford Expedition to this and never looked back. Rides better, handles better and is way more comfortable even on long trips since I go to Hayward WI in summers and FL in winters and travel with 70 lb Golden Retriever and wife and plenty of junk in the back. This baby offers best of both worlds from SUV to pickup. If you want a little more styling go pay another $20 grand for the Escalade version!

Great looks, great interior

Better muffler system for sound

Dissappointed
By Flyboy737

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First brand new vehicle and first time owning a Chevy truck. Few problems initially with only 1 recall for heated wipers, which they did during oil change. Unfortunately, after rolling just 19k, transmission crapped out. I baby my truck, so when pulling out in traffic the tranny goes. I'm not a happy camper. Up to this point, have been happy with my truck. But this experience definitely leaves a sour taste. Might not go back to Chevy.

Back up camera, MP3 plug-in, navagation, versatility, seat warmers, steering wheel radio controls.

5 or 6 speed please. Would help with the next, better fuel economy. Better climate controls, more quality interior materials, stronger transmission!

Absolutley Incredible
By Best Decision I Made

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck now for almost a year with 12k miles and I could not be happier. I have had no problems with this vehicle at all and lover the styling and comfort as well as the versatility. I am always being complemented on the truck, it looks much more expensive than it really is. I have added 22" chrome wheels, chrome front and rear light accesories as well as on the back liftgate handle area. I have the LTZ pretty much loaded with the rear camera and nav, which is extremely helpful. For anyone looking for an SUV that also doubles as a truck there is nothing that compares, especially if you are looking for true 4 wheel drive. This blows the socks off of the Honda Ridgeline.

Nav with rear camera, midgate and rear removable cover, side storage compartments, luxurious interior, exterior styling and smooth ride. A real pleasure to drive you will not be dissapointed.

Would like to have the six speed tranny on the 09 but other than that it is perfect.

Love My Avalanche
By txsixguns

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love My 07 Avalanche. Great truck. Rides like a Cadillac, hauls and tows like a truck. Great camping vehicle. Great to have lockable bed. My only complaint is rear seats are not comfortable on back for a long car trip. Been back to the dealer for replacing interior door handle and 2 computer updates. Gets much better gas mileage on reg gas vs e85. Don't recommend e85. Runs sluggish and get 11-12 mpg vs 17-23.

Lockable cover on bed, roomy center console, super ride.

Rear back seat height and angle. Put the all chrome grille in all models.