Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

quality built truck
By mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second AV. my 2002 had 200k miles when I sold it and never went to dealer for anything. My 2007 LTZ 2 wd now has 130k and only been in once for a cam sensor ($150.00) and recall for battery drain issue. Like my 2002 it's as tight as the day I bought it. no rattle,squeaks or flexing. I tow and haul often and does fine. I have the oil changed every 10-12k w/ synthetic oil and changed brakes at 104K and trans fluid at 100K. That's all I've done. I hear people talk about American cars and just don't understand where they are coming from. I think it's just largely perception of poor quality.

overall quality of build. comfort, ride. Everyone comments on the nice ride.

black plastic fade issue.

Not Happy
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission went out at 40,000 miles. I have had in shop 4 times for rattles and grinding noise in steering column. They never got it fixed and I have given up on the dealership. I had 03 model and the interior was better on it. This one seems cheaper made and less comfortable.

Highway ride is still best thing about this model.

Better workmanship and higher quality parts.

she is still tickin
By curtdeznutz

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

awesome truck she is at 175000km and no probs other than the back up sens but that quit at 30,000km and never bothered to fix it cuz not needed. drive it rather hard off road. also i work in the oil patch and in the winter i never fret the roads with this truck. only complaint is how wide the box is.

bose, 20 inch wide rims, great seats if ur over 6 feet. motor, well i guess the whole truck haha

rear seats, i have no kids but my buddies hate sitting in the rear.

Transmission Problems
By Richard

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my transmission replaced once and rebuilt twice in 36k miles. First was at 16K miles-all gears except 1st and reverse gone. Next was at 26k miles. Gears 3 and 4 gone. Next was at 36K miles last month. Gears 3 and 4 gone. I have just about every other oil change they have had to fix the transmission. I have owned this since new and never use it to tow.

Good truck, dont expect miracles!!
By PaulM141

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, GM did a great job with this redesign. The wife and kids love the interior. Have the Rear DVD for the kids, and I will say it is a godsend. Ride is really good, nice and smooth. Decent fit and finish. I think GM could have done better with the gas mileage. I know this is a 6,000lb truck, and I expected poor economy, but I am averaging 11-13mpg regularly around town. I hoped cruising the interstate in primarily V4 mode would help, but alas 16-18mpg on the highway. Great utility in this truck, just be aware that odds are you will get 15mpg on average, and that gets worse with E85 fuel. Other than that I love this truck, but costs to drive are too high for me.

Rear DVD, aggressive look, interior

GAS MILEAGE!! Improve ergonimics for taller individuals, GAS MILEAGE, make more DIY friendly for headlight changing had to pull up the process from youtube and it is lengthy and tough, make a button to keep the bed light on with the doors shut (annoying)