Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Love it.
By jpeagle21

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought one of these in 07 as a program vehicle with 5000 miles. Loved it, but when gas prices went up to over $3.50 we traded in for a Saturn Vue. BIG mistake. Didn't know what we had till it was gone. My wife decided she wanted a big truck again recently. She wanted a truck, but with all the bells and whistles normally found in SUVs (heated seats, DVD, nice interior). Looked at everything out there and fell back to the Avalanche. Bought another 2007 model this year with 44,000 miles and love it, again. Will not sell again, I don't care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon.

Exterior looks, especially with the 20 inch wheels. Ride comfort. Covered, versatile bed. Every option I can think of is in this truck (LTZ model).

Better gas mileage. More aggressive power and sound. The power is adequate, but I like fast vehicles.

Great SUV/Truck
By Batteman87

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just made the jump to this vech. My wife and I love it so far. Offers great get up and go when needed. Goes from V8 mode to 4 cyldr when the power is not needed. Ride is great. Turns like a truck should turn. I expected this to be poor from what I read but have been surprised with how good it is for a truck of it's size. Fun to drive. Feel very safe in it.

Uses reg gas. Comfort, back up camera, DVD Nav, Bose sound system, Auto start, cooler saddle bags in the bed, bed goes from over 5 ft to just over 8 ft.

I would say gas mileage but, it is a truck with big tires. Don't hesitate, test drive one and you will love it.

Like a Rock
By Tyrone

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 109,000 miles on this truck in 30 months only having to replace an evap sensor at about 65.00. The ride is superb. My family actually looks forward to trips in this vehicle. I always liked the Av, but didn't buy the earlier model because of the plastic body cladding. When we wear this one out will definitely by another.

Ride, XM Radio, Onstar, Locking tailgate,Overall looks.

Better fuel economy

This truck
By bowins

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 Avalanche never ceases to impress. It looks good, drives like a cadillac, and is just pure joy. Bose stereo and electric moonroof make it oh soo much better. These guys are known to burn oil, a local dealership was able to take care of it for me though. This thing runs smooth.

Bose and Sliding Moonroof.

The interior fabric is great when new and very comfortable. However, it puts a death grip on any and all lint. As well, this is not a great truck for child seats using the latch system.

Best Truck I have ever owned!
By Bman-Colorado

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in December 2007 and have just eclipsed 25K. I honestly wake up every day excited that I get to drive it:~). I have put a few modifications on it such as the performance air intake, Magnaflo exhaust as well as a superchip (which, believe it or not improved my gas mileage). Last summer i bought an Coleman E3 pop- up trailer and was amazed how easy it hauled! I have taken it 4wheeling and it does superbly [i now wish i had a skid plate:~)] As to the fuel economy: I bought a truck! It has an engine that equates to a Chevy 350! I did not or do not expect to get 15mpg. (with the superchip however i have received 16.5 in the city and 21 on the highway) GREAT TRUCK!

On-Star (never thought i would need it until my wife locked our son in the truck) Sound System-Bose Rear Stereo Controls which require headphones:~) The covered bed with an easily removable taneu cover. Towing capabilities. Performance THIS IS MY 1ST CHEVY AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE!!!

there is nothing really to improve. i liked the old style bumpers because it had a "step" to get into the bed but other then that...nothing!