Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Comfort and Versatility
By JohansenRJ

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking at 07 Silverado crewcabs. I did some research and realized that the new Silverado does not have 4 wheels disc brakes (the 00 did)a nd a long list of stuff that I wanted (XM, steering wheel mounted controls, 5.3V8, alloys, etc) were standard on the Avalanche, but optional on the regular pickups. Additionally, there's no provision on the regular pickup for securing the cargo bed. I bought the Avalanche LT1 with Bose and locking differential, all the stuff I wanted, without a bunch of stuff I couldn't care about. The styling is great and the ride is super comfy. Gas mileage is about what you would expect for a 5500 lb vehicle...about 14-15 in the city, 20- 21 on the road.

Great styling, super comfy ride, wheel mounted controls, removable hard cargo cover

Super heavy vehicle=not so hot gas mileage, should have 6 speed tranny

Best truck for us
By Richard

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is perfect for everything we do. We travel, camp, commute to work in comfort, and just ride around town. I can fit 5 grown men in the car and my girlfriend doesn't complain that it's cold because she has the heated seats on. I want to take this truck everywhere.

The features in the steering wheel. Cruise control, heated seats, back seat comes down, so we can sleep in the back when we go camping.

Speed and power. Make the plastic on the back look better, some how.

Good truck but flawed
By p driver

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be reliable and fun to drive, but that changed when the transmission went out. Everyone one has no answer, and I hope that this is not the beginning of more problems.

I do like the extra outlets and the storage.

A little more leg room in the back seat. Make the front a little more comfortable for long travels. Would like to lock the tailgate separate from the other locks.

2007 Avalanche LTZ
By Paul

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Avalanche after buying 5 new Silverado pickups. It's a great versatile vehicle, has near luxury car like ride with great styling and comfort.

Excellent seating comfort, ride and handling, very quiet ride and a great sounding Bose systems

Better fuel economy (it's worse than the Silverado) Make bright polished aluminum or chromed wheels option available.

Great Utility Vehicle!
By nca4731630

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has hit upon something pretty special with this truck. It is one great vehicle. It can cruise to formal events and can easily transform into a work truck. The mileage is pretty good considering it is a full size truck/Suburban. I was worried about the switching from 8cyl mode to 4cyl mode on the fly but that works superb and is inditinguisable to the driver.

I love the versatility of the fold downs and fold outs and it is so easy to do. I bought the LTZ model and it looks great. All bells and whistles work wonderfully.

I have driven this vehicle 15k and have nothing negative to report, now dreaming ---if this thing could get 25 mpg now that would be something!