Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Excellant
By Avalanche

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It is very comfortable and quiet to drive.

Seating comfort is great. I like converting it into a useful truck bed. I appreciate the truck bed cover that allows you to stand up on it.

I would increase the CD changer to a 15 disc changer. I would make the front seat quickly convertable to accomodate a third person with the same comfort as the other two seats. I would increase the power assist to the brakes in emergency application

My Avalanche
By LMWilson

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It has great comfort for travel, and tows like a dream. For a big vehicle, the fuel economy is bettery than expected. I've owned several trucks and this is the best ever.

Back opening up to haul, rear seat fold down for extra storage, and back window removeable for air and hauling

Better material on back to prevent the discoloring of the panels

Like it!
By Dale

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the basic vehicle with only the Z66 package. it has all I need. I love the ride and versatility. I use the midgate at least twice a week for something. The look without the body molding but with the wheel flairs is great. I usually get tired of a vehicle within a year, but I'll be keeping this one for a number of years.

Midgate and ride

Dated interior but still looks good.

Second one is the charm
By Chuck Bachorski

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. The 2002 model had many flaws. On my new vehicle, I ditched the cladding. This gives the truck a cleaner appearance and will prevent the cladding from coming loose. The ride on this vehicle is smoother, the braking is better and the fit/finish is tighter than the 2002 model. Fuel economy is approximately 16 mpg overall. I get 19+ MPG on the highway, which is pretty good for a vehicle of this size.

Heated seat surface and back. Bose stereo system, power pedals, and driver information center.

Put a step into the non-cladded bumper a la the cladded version. Do something to eliminate the driveline clunking when shifting into reverse, and get the memory seats to remember their settings. They seem to forget an awful lot.

A sweet ride
By btmec

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Avalanche for a month. So far I have not been dissapointed. I can't find one thing to dislike. It tows my boat with no problem. The ride is beautiful for a 4WD vehicle. I took it off road the other day up some step and rough hills and it handled them with no problems at all. I was riding in comfort with my XM radio playing and the air conditioner on. It was a blast. This is honestly the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Z71 4WD! If you can get it, you should get it! I also love XM and OnStar. I used OnStar on a recent trip and it was invaluable. My kids now say "OnStar it" if we need help on the road.

Make more of the luxury features available on the 6 seat model. I haul around 5 people all the time (6 including me) and needed the 6 seats but would have loved to had the onboard navigation system and the luxury Bose system.