Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Aavalanche
By avalanche

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very satified with my purchase. It has proven to be very reliable and durable.I can ride with style and grace or pull, haul, and move anything I desire with no problem. I will be trading for the next year model soon.

5 months and loving it!
By Anthony in NY

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

To provide a fair assessment, I waited 5000 miles to post this. The Avalanche had by far the best ride of any truck in the class, with the Z-71 package being a relative bargain. Fit and finish is excellent; engine is smooth, ride exceptional for a behemoth of 5800 lbs; OnStar is a plus; very capable offroad and in the sand. It powers right through. There is nothing like the ease of use of the bed. It has held everything from a yard of topsoil, fishing gear, home depot trips and it handled them all well with ease. The side locking compartments around the bed are valuable and the truck could not be sturdier. Truly the best all-around vehicle I have owned and the most comfortable truck to date. No real complaints. Gas mileage on the hwy is great- about 21. Around town it's exactly what you'd expect- 13 or so. Air pressure makes a big difference in mileage on the Avalanche. Too low and it drops. If you can afford the gas, this is the truck.

Ride & build quality, utility, power & design. The 4WD is quite capable as well. The look of the truck has always been appealing to me. My wife loves riding in it, but feels it's too big to drive. I love it and so do the kids. We have 4 vehicles and take this one constantly. Step in bumper is great.

The non-skid bed liner is actually too non-skid.

I love my Av!
By GAUTHIERTROY

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! Drove on a family vacation 7,000 miles. It was great. The only drawback is the gas mileage. If you use your luggage rack, it will drink extra gas. It rides heavy on the highway and handles well in the mountains. I don't regret one thing about this purchase except me and my wife fighting to see who gets to drive it.

17 inch wheels, sunroof and removable back glass. Bose system. It feels like a convertible sports car with an attitude.

Better gas mileage

I Love My Avalanche
By djhwi

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning other 4WD vehicles, this one is the best ever! You forget that this is a truck and not a car, the ride is so smooth and all the gadgets makes this vehicle the best I've ever owned.

Radio controls on the steering wheel. The interior is so roomy that if I had to reach the radio to change the station of volume, it would require me to move my seat forward in order to be safe driving.

I would make the Bose System with the 6 CD changer standard. Other then that, this vehicle ROCKS!!

Second as good as the first.
By Buckdawg

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 2002 Avalanche for 3 years and just bought a 2005 Avalanche this month. I found the 2WD fuel usage to be very good considering the size of the vehicle. Except for the tailgate support recall and routine maintenance, I did not have one problem with the vehicle. It has been fun and useful to drive.

The gate feature makes it great for hauling longer items. The ability to transport four adults comfortably and still have the cargo room of a pickup makes this vehicle very versatile. Being a camper, I have the flexibility of dropping the gate and sleeping in the back during storms.

The 2005 interior gray color is lighter than the 2002 so stains will show easier.