Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Awesome truck
By RAy

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 17 vehicles, most of them trucks, and this is by far the best. The ride is excellent and it handles like a dream. It is a very quiet ride and has a lot of power. Huals a ton of pellets with no problem and back is very easy to convert. I would recommend to anyone.

I love the ability to lock the back, but the ease to convert

I think a Bose w/ at least 6 disc changer should be standard

Dream Truck
By TrickyRicky

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned trucks since 1980. Fords, Toyota, Chevy..and without a doubt this is the nicest riding, roomiest, and responsive truck I'v ever owned.The paint is great, no orange peel, and the lines with the clading make it fairly bulletproof. The weight distribution is so good that in most snow, I don't even use 4WD. If you are on the fence about buying one of these, and are willing to pay for a 6000 lb moose, do yourself a favor and buy one of these. It has a tight turning radius and is nimble and quick for its' size. You can't see well out the back window, but it's not as bad as some reviews make it seem. You get used to it. I love this truck. I tried to find fault with it but I couldn't.

Road Warrior Perfection
By Gandelot

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drive for a living, and after owning 3 vehicles in 2 years...I've finally found the perfect vehicle for spending up to 8 hours a day/four days a week in. Comfort is incredible-Handling is great-Power is spelled C-H-E-V-Y.

Ease of bed conversion. Extra side storage. Exterior appearance. Interior comfort.

Style and comfort
By Kingpole

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was more than happy to be able to upgrade my Chevy vehicle from a Tracker (2WD convertible) which was fun to drive-like a golf cart, to the Avalanche. WOW! I have had it for 3 months now and enjoy every second driving it. Power, style, and smooth ride. I should mention that the stock stereo/CD system works just fine. I have Bose in the house and thought I'd be spoiled and would need the Bose quality in the truck-NAH. It rocks just fine.

I love the flexibility to go from SUV to truck. Hauling the kids or a stack of sheetrock-it's all good! The ride is smooth and engine gets it done.

The gas price increase was the last thing I needed and the worst thing about the Avalanche-I suppose that is true about every big truck. It just costs too much to fill up. I have opted to just accept it because it is a new truck. Will be something I look at next time.

AWESOME
By Michael6013

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome. I debated with myself for a long time before breaking down and getting one. I dont regret my decision, I love it. I also believe the truck looks best in the Sunburst color. This truck has the best comfort I have ever owned. I traded my Tahoe in for it.

Bose stereo system and DVD system.

Fuel, but it gets the best fuel economy versus any truck