Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

A Man's Truck
By JG

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 Frontier Crew Cab and thought it was a good truck, that was until I bought the Avalanche. We've driven it to NYC and it was as comfy as my wife's Acura. I've hauled loads and loaded my touring motorcycle in the bed. It pulls trailers with ease and has plenty of giddyup when you want to pass. I average about 20mpg highway and 16mpg in the city. The stereo is awesome and the a/c gets cold in a flash. I am angry I waited so long to upgrade from the Frontier. That little truck is nice if you're a suburban pretender, but if you're a do-it- yourselfer or a working man, the Avalanche is the truck for you.

My favorite feature is the bed cover system. We drove to NYC and DC for our vacation. It rained like Vietnam in DC and our luggage, which included my wife's designer gown, stayed dry. I also like being able to lay down the backseat and haul long objects.

The dash is rather plain-Jane. They need to spice it up a little.

Love Avalanche
By Mac

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Avalanche. I have bought lots of vehicles and this is my favorite. The 2500 is not your average Avalanche. It weighs about 2000lb's more and has an 8.1 litre engine. However, the outside diminsions are all the same. I now know why they put a fuel limiter switch on it. Definitely a man's truck. I pull a 3 ton boat and have to be careful because you can forget it is back there. Get better gas mileage with it pulling the boat than the 5.3 litre. But, the 5.3 did get over 20 mpg not pulling. Unfortantly they don't make it anymore.

Pulling capacity, luxuary, comfort, gps, heated seats, XM, 4x4, looks

Come back with a 2500 with the diesel and Allison tranny.

Nice Truck
By Buddy

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this vehicle, however, I only get about 13-14 miles to the gallon. The other issue I have experienced is, behind the rear driver side passenger seat, it leaks water every time it rains. This will be my third time taking it to the dealer. I'm considering getting different truck.

Able to lay down rear seats to to put long items. Nice Bose stereo system!

Need to fix water leaks, improve on dashboard with some woodgrain and obtain better gas mileage.

Great Solid Vehicle
By Bob Viola

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, easy to drive. Lots of room and can handle a payload. Hauled 2 900lbs. Bags of bulk sand and it still drove like a champ.

Smooth ride, lots of room and a full tank of gas lasts 2 whole weeks.

Retractable rear window, bigger tires and wheels, a sport model, flashier paint options.

Very Nice
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went from a Mustange GT to my Avalanche LT and all I can say is I love it! I got the maxed out truck (even the upgraded paint) minus the luggage rack and have experinced nothing but perfection. This is my first truck and don't see how I ever managed without it. The new 07's have hit the mark with the tailgate, rims, and upgraded interrior. Very nice Chevy, very nice!

The heated seats and DVD system. The intergraded phone is an added bonus due to me being in the military and can't use cell phones while driving on base.

Would like to see the black plastic on the back to be modeled after the Escalade (smooth) so it can be painted to match if desired. Maybe even come that way. Now that's an idea Chevy!