Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

After one year
By John Rogers

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Avalanche is the first full size truck I've ever owned after 25 years of driving. I bought it for its versatility, towing capacity and styling. The truck has not disappointed after 16,000 miles. Gas mileage in congested Dallas, with a lot of stop and go traffic everywhere, has averaged a little over 15 MPG. I like the ride and handling of the vehicle and it's really very comfortable as a daily driver. The only build quality problems I've had are with the body side molding which developed adhesive bubbles that required replacement of all door moldings after one year. I would never buy a just a pick-up. The versatility of a luxury vehicle with the ability to tow and haul is great!

Interior comfort. Ride comfort. Good handling for a big vehicle. Good power. Versatility of truck bed and the midgate. XM radio. Auto climate control

Improved reliability of memory seat and control settings. I have to reset my mirror postions, seat and pedal about once a week--my dealer is clueless about how to fix the problem.

ulitmate vehicle - Best of both worlds
By blp

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck/suv has it all. You can lock items in the back with the rigid cover like an SUV. You can take it off and haul items in the bed. You can extend the bed into the cab of the truck. It is much more versatile than the standard truck.

The exterior is sharp and unique. The versaility and features offered are also one of a kind.

The braking is soft and takes some getting used to.

Can't go wrong with the Avalanche
By chevy like a rock

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had it for 3 weeks now, and I drive 60 miles each way to work. Great ride. Gas mileage is not bad for the highway. I have been averaging 19-21 mpg. @ 80mph. We tow our camper with it, and it handles it with no problems. Very comfortable back seat areafor our 3 kids.

Everything

None that I can think of.

Avalanche
By John

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our new Chevy Avalanche is the best vehicle we have ever owned. The smooth ride and comfort of the interior are awesome. XM Radio is a surprisingly nice feature.

Smooth ride and great interior, especially the seats.

Gas mileage needs to be 10-15% better.

Love it
By bergman

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. So smooth, and rides like you're on clouds. The Bose stereo system is excellent. I can't believe I'm doing 65 mph. It feels like it 25mph, that's how smooth it is. I love this vehicle. If I trade it in later on, it will be for another one.

Ssteering controls and adjustable pedals. The up high feel. The smooth drive.

None