Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Awesomelanche
By AvsFan33

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After a few weeks and 1200 miles, along with a long camping trip, I am happy as can be with my new Avalanche. It is a pleasure to drive and very functional. I was able to load everything I needed in the back as well as a dog and kid in back seat with 1/2 the seat down for additional food and pillows, etc. I love the way it looks and the way it performs. I drove several trucks before buying this one and I know now I made the right choice. Even the highway gas mileage was better than I hoped. Yes the mileage suffers in heavy city traffic but then thats usually during shorter distances anyway. I rate this vehicle a 10.

Lets see, my 10-way power seats (if you have to drive a lot, get this!), the 3 section back covers which makes it easy to pack stuff, and the back side containers which I used one as a cooler (has a little drain in it too). XM radio is nice and I already needed to use OnStar as well.

I don't like the location of the parking brake. Also, you can fold half the back seat down, I would like an easier way to take half the back seat out completly like those SUV 3rd seats. And add reverse sensors (easy to add afterwards though like I'm doing)

This Avalache has it all!
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this unit about three months ago and since then it has been used for almost everything. Its a very versatile unit, in that in most cases it is really a full size 4-door pick up. It's very comfortable as it rides better than most full size automobles, but you then have the ability to haul almost anything with it up to items which are eight feet in length, all at the flip of a couple of switches.

The convenience of the fold down seat and window arrangement.

None

Great all-around!
By JGalla8384

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went from a BMW 325i to a Chevrolet Avalanche, but I have truly enjoyed this vehicle. Fuel prices are up, but it's worth the extra fuel costs. Lots of features, drives beautifully, a pleasure to drive short or long distances. It's like having a luxury SUV,with all the room and comfort and features, but also a truck for power and performance and hauling stuff around. I recommend this vehicle whole- heartedly.

Design, driving comfort due to improved suspension, lots of interior features I enjoy all within my command.

Improve fuel mileage.

496 rocks
By krazy

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

The real thing. A Chevy big block with even more cubes than it's ancestors. Needed more than a standard cab truck for new family addition, and couldn't stand the idea of not having an 8' bed for occasional use. This fits the bill just right. A very versatile truck with all the comfort and power of an old full size vehicle. We found the midgate to be a breeze to operate. A real cool truck on a nice day with the midgate down, 4 windows and sunroof open. Will add a performance program, synthetic oil, and performance air filter to wake up the 8.1. 12 to 13 mpg on a variety of driving. The 7 month pregnant wife loves it too.

Big Block, Mid gate, cargo covers, storage boxes. Extra steps on bumper. Bed mat & trim package. Bose speakers. Low key, no 8.1 liter badges. Bold style is cool.

The tire & wheel package looks a bit small on it. Wish all the locks were power including the tailgate and boxes.

Greatest Truck I've Ever Owened
By J Shutey

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved the look of the Avalanche and now I love everything about it. The ride feels like you are not in a truck at all but a big luxury car. It has alot of power and is very fun to drive.

My favorite feature is the midgate bed. No one else has anything like it!

Better gas mileage would be great, but when you purchase a truck you don't expect it to be the best for mileage.