Used 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Kim's Avalanche
By Kim

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy my 2002 Avalache . It's a lot of fun! Very comfortable. Very big though. Its a beautiful design as I have running boards and to help older freinds in and out of truck. Cold days the seat warmers are GREAT! I love my burnt orange color and enjoy all the diversities in accomadates all my families different interests! The ONLY problem I have is I cannot get my 2 kayaks up onthe roof with the standard tie downs! My old van I could. I will shortly be purchase racks for my truck and that will solve that. I anxiously await the falling of the gas prices!! I LOVE my Avalanche! Sooo comfortable!

Heat warms , sun roof, back window that comes out, easy to handle, side pockets and the apperance of my truck turns heads! That's fun;)

The truck can suck gas up. I don't punch the gas pedal like I used to. It's great on the highway though. Tailgate I believe can be improved as the right pin seems to be rusty and that concerns me as well as the fog lights should have a tighter gasket to avoid leakage thru the lens!

Avalanche
By erlejohng

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I've pulled all kinds of loads, travel trailers, cargo trailers, and car haulers with combined loads up to 19700 lbs and it has handled them with ease. My wife likes to drive it as it drives like a sub. It is also great in being able to carry six passengers and folds down real quickly to haul 25 sheets of plywood all enclosed. The tonneau cover storage bag is a joke. I had a stainless ladder rack built and built storage into it for the covers. I get about 11 mpg pulling trailers and up to 16 on the freeway empty. Had two troubles, a pressure switch had to be changed and the r. rear axle flange had to be tightened back up three times. If it was destroyed, I would buy another today.

I love my truck!
By Eli

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I always loved the style of Avalanche, and made it a goal to own one. Well, I finally own one and love love love it! I had a 95 Nissan Pathfinder before, and it was ok, but this is the most comfortable ride ever. It was worth every penny. Maintainance is a little pricey, but so is everything for the new vehicles. Chevy warranties are pretty good too.

The luxury for the price. Heated seats, leather, climate control, auto everything, and the sunroof.

The cladding is a little hard to maintain. Especially in the winter with the salt from the roads.

Great Vehicle
By Phisp

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle because my wife loved it, I did not like the way it looked and the fact it did not have a real full size bed. I now love it; the Z71 package is a must I can haul all my fire wood, take my wife and kids camping while towing the boat do some off roading and take it surf fishing easily.. No problems to speak of, GM hit a home run with the Avalanche. My buddies Nissan Titan feels about half as strong as my Avalanche and he has been through 2 rears and 5 long term visits to the dealer for service , Considering a Titan? buy the Avalanche.

Locking rear, storage, Performance

Mid gate should be split to allow one rear seat to be available.

Great for towing
By bbp2459

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck/SUV for towing & hauling...in style! Very comfortable seats. Having the ability to fold down the midgate gives a lot of versatility. Considering its towing capacity, it is also not so big that you can't park it easily.

Towing capacity, comfort, versatility.

Hybrid technology - the gas mileage is pretty miserable