1989 Yugo GVL: Ten Reasons to Take the Yugo
by Reese Counts, Vehicle Testing Assistant on December 10, 2015
To my significant other's great displeasure, I decided to take the Yugo home for a night. I also decided we needed to take the car somewhere nice for dinner, so I could share with her the joys of the Balkan Bullet.
It took some convincing to get her inside. Here are the top 10 reasons I used to persuade my wife to ride with me in the Yugo.
1. You won't lose your street parking spot if we don't take your car.
2. It's an Italian classic, sort of.
3. We can eat anywhere you want.
4. I mostly trust it, and you mostly trust me. Right?
5. The fire extinguisher is completely full in case something happens.
6. The gasoline smell isn't bad with the windows down.
7. You only live once.
9. With sugar on top.
10. I won't shut up about it until you do.
Reese Counts, Vehicle Testing Assistant