SANTA MONICA, California — Edmunds' Hackomotive will tap into the entrepreneurial spirit as participants reimagine the future of car shopping.
The list of keynote speakers and judges underscores the theme of the event, which runs March 24-26.
"Many of this year's judges and speakers have been entrepreneurs themselves and can deeply appreciate the innovative spirit encouraged at Hackomotive," said Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf. "Their collective expertise will no doubt serve as inspiration for all of the high-potential start-ups participating in this year's event."
The following speakers will deliver "fireside chats" about their experiences tackling challenges in the automotive, tech and retail industries:
- Glenn Cameron, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager, Samsung
- Sam LaMagna, Director of Advanced Driving Technologies, Intel
- Beth Ann Kaminkow, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Westfield Group
- Rachel Richards, Vice President of Retail Strategy and Chief Marketing Officer, Sonic Automotive
The judges who have agreed to mentor and evaluate this year's participating teams are:
- Erick Laubach, Senior Vice President of Creative + Vertical Network at Demand Media
- Tara-Nicholle Nelson, Vice President of Marketing for MyFitnessPal
- Robert Lambert, Founder of Silicon Beach LA, a media and events company that serves as the home of the Los Angeles tech and start-up community
- Tammy Darvish, Executive Vice President of Business Development and Government and Community Affairs for Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed)
- George Kang, Vice President of OEM Sales and Dealer Development for Edmunds.com
- Russell Perkins, Founder and Managing Director of Infocommerce Group
- Mari Garcia Ramskill, Vice President of We Design LA
Trends that competitors and speakers will address include the connected car, automation, iBeacon technology and converting big data into better retail experiences.
Nineteen start-ups have been invited to compete for generous cash prizes and the opportunity to enter Edmunds.com's Fastlane Accelerator program.
Last year's Hackomotive winner, CarCode, became Edmunds.com's first acquisition after going through Fastlane.
Edmunds says: This yearly effort is aimed at improving the car shopping experience for you.