2017 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:

2017 cadillac XTS
By Julia Fleming

2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I Love my car. I have owned the vehicle for 3 months. It was certified used when purchased with 23k miles. The interior is gorgeous. The jewel like rear view mirror charmed me first, but the seats and technology package were unexpectedly attractive. The touchscreen and touch sound control does away with buttons so the dash is clean and lean. The ere are little cubbies enough for sunglasses, change and Samsung smartphone (unfortunately not iphoneX) fit snugly inside the conveniently secretive cubby. It doesn’t have quite the agility of my former BMW 325i, but it does comes close, and for a sedan, that’s, well, amazing. Gas mileage is what I expected, approximately 21-22 mpg, about the same as another former midsized sedan, a Lincoln MKS. The ride is quiet and smooth and there is adequate trunk space. Overall, it is a very comfortable car with just the right amount of luxury.

Rented for a week...
By Rachel

2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Good looking vehicle but not impressive to drive. The blind spots and the narrow view out of the rear view mirror made it hard to drive. You have only the distance between the large head rests to see behind you. I’m not tall but I bumped my head most times either entering or exiting the vehicle. The gear shift gets in the way of the cup holder. Would have liked them placed elsewhere and additional ones.

Nice comfortable car
By Robert

2017 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Price, warranty balance, scratches and interior wear including floor mats plagued by Cadillac ads since

Cadillac XTS FWD
By Tom

2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is very stylish for a four door sedan. Ride height is low resulting in poor visibility. Pluses: safety features, great stereo sound except no CD, attractive interior, quiet window operation, handles like a smaller vehicle, easy to park. Negatives: ride comfort would be excellent if it weren’t for the noisy tires (Goodyear Eagle RS-A P245-45-R19). Owned seventeen vehicles and the tire noise is off the charts. Perfectly quiet on new asphalt but extremely noisey on concrete or composite surfaces. Actually sounds like you are riding on the rims on some streets. Instrumentation on lower trims does not compare to instrumentation on much lower price vehicles. Touch controls for radio, navigation and climate require two or three attempts just to change the volume or fan speed. Navigation is more difficult to operate and less accurate than navigation systems on Chrysler, Nissan, Ford. Really wanted to like this car, but didn’t research it enough.

Would never buy any other car
By R. Frost

2017 Cadillac XTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac. Always (I'm 65 and my Pa before me) been Ford folks. Previous car 2007 Lincoln MKZ which was a very good car until about 110,000 miles then it was all downhill on the dollar slope (lots of maintenance expense). But the Cadillac....Ours is a lease return with 24,000 miles and was exceptionally clean. The positives: This car feels like I remember the big cars of yesteryear. Not the 'ol stoneboat dip and sway mind you, but it feels like you've got Detroit steel around you in a car with an extremely comfortable and VERY QUIET ride. This is a road car with the excellent combination of comfort and superb handling characteristics. It isn't a sports car, but really...if I wanted a sports car I would buy one, cram myself in, fill the trunk with my shaving kit, sail around the corners, then after 2 hours struggle to unfold my stiff and sore self and gimp into the lodge. With this XTS, I have all the dip and dive I need, drive for 8 hours, open a sensibly sized door, step out (yep..I need to stretch a little), walk into the lounge and have a cold one. I can unload the 4 suitcases and other paraphernalia from the spacious trunk later. The minimal cons: The touch screen and touch bar climate/sound controls. The climate and sound controls look nice, sleek. But are not really drive friendly. It is difficult to consistently get the desired results without taking eyes off the road and 'finding' the right spot to touch to make a change. Caddy would do better with less high tech and more user friendly (read safety). Intuitive "I can feel the dial" controls would be safer and less frustrating. This is by no means a deal breaker, but it does reflect on safety. This car offers all I want in one package,...I had begun to wonder if they "made 'em like this anymore". Go Detroit!!!!!