2017 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:

Rented for a week...
By Rachel

2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Good looking vehicle but not impressive to drive. The blind spots and the narrow view out of the rear view mirror made it hard to drive. You have only the distance between the large head rests to see behind you. I’m not tall but I bumped my head most times either entering or exiting the vehicle. The gear shift gets in the way of the cup holder. Would have liked them placed elsewhere and additional ones.

Nice comfortable car
By Robert

2017 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Price, warranty balance, scratches and interior wear including floor mats plagued by Cadillac ads since

Cadillac XTS FWD
By Tom

2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is very stylish for a four door sedan. Ride height is low resulting in poor visibility. Pluses: safety features, great stereo sound except no CD, attractive interior, quiet window operation, handles like a smaller vehicle, easy to park. Negatives: ride comfort would be excellent if it weren’t for the noisy tires (Goodyear Eagle RS-A P245-45-R19). Owned seventeen vehicles and the tire noise is off the charts. Perfectly quiet on new asphalt but extremely noisey on concrete or composite surfaces. Actually sounds like you are riding on the rims on some streets. Instrumentation on lower trims does not compare to instrumentation on much lower price vehicles. Touch controls for radio, navigation and climate require two or three attempts just to change the volume or fan speed. Navigation is more difficult to operate and less accurate than navigation systems on Chrysler, Nissan, Ford. Really wanted to like this car, but didn’t research it enough.

Would never buy any other car
By R. Frost

2017 Cadillac XTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac. Always (I'm 65 and my Pa before me) been Ford folks. Previous car 2007 Lincoln MKZ which was a very good car until about 110,000 miles then it was all downhill on the dollar slope (lots of maintenance expense). But the Cadillac....Ours is a lease return with 24,000 miles and was exceptionally clean. The positives: This car feels like I remember the big cars of yesteryear. Not the 'ol stoneboat dip and sway mind you, but it feels like you've got Detroit steel around you in a car with an extremely comfortable and VERY QUIET ride. This is a road car with the excellent combination of comfort and superb handling characteristics. It isn't a sports car, but really...if I wanted a sports car I would buy one, cram myself in, fill the trunk with my shaving kit, sail around the corners, then after 2 hours struggle to unfold my stiff and sore self and gimp into the lodge. With this XTS, I have all the dip and dive I need, drive for 8 hours, open a sensibly sized door, step out (yep..I need to stretch a little), walk into the lounge and have a cold one. I can unload the 4 suitcases and other paraphernalia from the spacious trunk later. The minimal cons: The touch screen and touch bar climate/sound controls. The climate and sound controls look nice, sleek. But are not really drive friendly. It is difficult to consistently get the desired results without taking eyes off the road and 'finding' the right spot to touch to make a change. Caddy would do better with less high tech and more user friendly (read safety). Intuitive "I can feel the dial" controls would be safer and less frustrating. This is by no means a deal breaker, but it does reflect on safety. This car offers all I want in one package,...I had begun to wonder if they "made 'em like this anymore". Go Detroit!!!!!

A geezer's delight!
By Chuck W

2017 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM apparently sells a large number of Luxury optioned XTS's to fleets. They don't have all the goodies of the Premium or Platinum Luxury editions, but they come back on the market as one year old cars dirt cheap. I considered many of them but decided we needed the extras that come with the Premium Luxury model. We were able to buy a dealer demo with only 3400 miles on it with a $20K discount. We have driven Cadillacs for 30 years but always bought used ones. This is our first new Cadillac and it is stunning. The fact that SUVs, pickup trucks, and "sport" sedans are so popular make this traditional luxury sedan a great buy. Ours is a 2017 model and I note there is heavy dealer discounting on 2018 models. If you want a luxury sedan at a bargain price compare the XTS with what you get can get for the same price. Love the adaptive cruise control. Haven't gotten up the nerve to try the auto parallel part feature. Now for the not so great. The CUE touchscreen controls are hard to operate. If someone came up with an aftermarket on/off/scroll button, every owner would have it installed. On top of being anything but intuitive, the screen retains your fingerprint every time you touch it. It looks messy and at some times of the day can actually obscure the controls. The power window controls are placed too far forward. The switch for the driver's side window should be right where your hand falls, but you tend to hit the rear window button instead. This car has more road noise than previous DTS and SLS we have owned. The Goodyear Eagle tires may be part of the problem, but you would think GM would want a quiet ride in a luxury car.