2017 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:

Nice comfortable car
By Robert

2017 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Price, warranty balance, scratches and interior wear including floor mats plagued by Cadillac ads since

A geezer's delight!
By Chuck W

2017 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM apparently sells a large number of Luxury optioned XTS's to fleets. They don't have all the goodies of the Premium or Platinum Luxury editions, but they come back on the market as one year old cars dirt cheap. I considered many of them but decided we needed the extras that come with the Premium Luxury model. We were able to buy a dealer demo with only 3400 miles on it with a $20K discount. We have driven Cadillacs for 30 years but always bought used ones. This is our first new Cadillac and it is stunning. The fact that SUVs, pickup trucks, and "sport" sedans are so popular make this traditional luxury sedan a great buy. Ours is a 2017 model and I note there is heavy dealer discounting on 2018 models. If you want a luxury sedan at a bargain price compare the XTS with what you get can get for the same price.

Luv...Luv.... Luv
By R. Harrell

2017 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the XTS Premium model and luv it. I have had Mercedes, BMW and Jaguer and have fallen in luv with Cadillac. The ride, amenities and over all experience has been exceptional. I bough the car after I had bought the XT5 the week prior to replace my Mercedes GL350 and when I was looking at the SUV I decided to test drive the XTS as well. I could not get it out of my mind so went back a week later and bought it as well. I looked at the CTS6 as well but really liked the esthetics and the performance of the XTS much better. I had a CTS- V for a number of years but I can honestly say this XTS is the bomb diggity, Luxury , ride and amenities can not be beat. Years ago you could not get me to buy an American car but I am completely sold.

Did not think I would like it, Changed my mind.
By Howard Clark

2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Originally I wanted a CT-6, having a 2011 DTS. I wanted my wife to sit in many sedans to find the one she preferred. We had not considered an XTS, but owning Cadillacs since 1971 we decided to look at all models again. Previous brands tried were BMW 7 Series, Mercedes E and S, and Lexus LS 460. I realize there is no comparison between the imports and the XTS, however, the price point on the XTS, it's finish and hi-tech components made me look closer. Since my wife uttered the fatal words, "I like that one", and Edmonds had already provided me the quote we purchased the XTS. It is a great car, reads almost as smoothly as my previous DTS's and DeVilles. I gave road noise a poor grade on the survey, however the noise and harsh ride was totally the fault of the tires. The original equipment tires provided great stability and drive characteristics, but I care nothing about that. From similar complaints from other Cadillac owners about tires I requested the dealer to replace them with a different brand/non performance tires. This was done at no charge to me, my ride is restored and we truly like the car. The warranty and free service is equal or better than the imports. The engine and drive train is well proven. Nice Cadillac, Nice Pricing.

Update June 2018
been on several trips with the XTS, performed wonderfully. Highway mileage at 73 MPH is 29.7-31.2. The car is extremely responsive for a non-turbo V6, never any issue with lack of power for any purpose. Electronics are faultless, handling is great. I had it serviced by a out of state dealership, again very pleasant experience, no cost. Only small con's are the trunk size is smaller than a DTS and we carry a small scooter as well as luggage in the trunk. Perhaps it is my age or just maybe the seats could be a little softer. Beyond that, great car for us, have honestly enjoyed it since purchase.

Beautiful car/super comfortable
By George Woodruff

2017 Cadillac XTS Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We went to Lexus for our last new purchase......ES350. It is also a good value. The Caddy is bigger and quieter w more features and 20K more dollars. I haven't had the Caddy very long but so far we love it. The massaging seats are a must and the driver safety features are quite useful. The adaptive cruise control takes some getting used to. It adds safety. The down side is that I approach the vehicle in front and my car slows so inconspicuously that I find myself following at the prescribed distance at 5mph slower when I don't have to. Change lanes and you're off again to the set speed.