Used 2008 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Very Happy
By richcory

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought our 08 STS V8 in March of this year and it had 13000 miles on it. We like it so much that we have driven to to Vegas, Denver and Ohio from our home in Oklahoma. Wife drives it every day to work and another 13000 miles later we couldn't be happier with our purchase. On the trip to Vegas and back we averaged 30 MPG with 4 adults and trunk full of luggage. Sound system is the best of any factory system available. Nav is good but could be more user friendly. Interior storage space could be improved upon and the glove box is a joke. Overall a great car with lots of performace and fun to drive. It's performace isn't that far off from my 94 Vette.

Remote start, 5.1 Bose Surround, V8 power and fuel economy, 6-spd auto

interior space and a more user friendly nav system

Finally GM Got it right...For Now
By Old Red

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've ever seen in my 53 years of owning and driving all kinds of cars. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've ever been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

"Feel", Quality of Manufacture, No defects. Ride, handling. This is one of the best automobiles manufactured. For it's price, none are better.

Lemonade
By LarryG

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my 2008 STS in late December, 2007. Failed camshaft sensor, failed right side cam at 13,000 miles, deffective FOB's, 5-burned out lights, deffective driver's seat lumbar system. Dealer is great but car spends too much time in service bay. Will not lease or buy another GM product. Totaly fed up.

Performance, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel.

Fix the reliability problems if Caddy wants to stay in the game.

Bad Paint
By Herb

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it, except the paint. The car is black, and I had it waxed immediately, by a professional. The first time I cleaned it myself, I discovered many pock marks on the hood and rear deck. They are in the paint, and wax does not remove them. I am taking it into the dealer to check. The paint is defective, and I hope someone will back it up.

Navigation, radio.

Solid player
By jeff sunshine

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine at the end of August when there were only V6 AWD models. I traded my V8 STS and thought I would be taking a step down. With V6 DI engine, I really do not miss the V8. So far this car is solid in all respects; handles well,comfortable, reliable, good mileage and is fast enough. In my opinion, this car favorably competes with BMW, MB and the other usual suspects but after you negotiate your final price, there really is no comparison becuse you pay a lot less. The status of a label is unimportant to me (although a Caddy still has some clout left) and as car enthusiast, I look to the raw driving experience. STS is right there and if the V8 G8 had AWD, I would be driving that.

Acceleration vs mileage ( I get 30mpg at steady 70 mph), supportive seats, driving dynamics

One thing, AWD cars should be made available with with sport suspension and 18 or 19 inch wheels.