Used 2008 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

1st Cadillac, Great Car
By Matt

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my 1st Cadillac. I purchased it new in Dec 09. It was on the dealer lot of 1.5 years and I got a great deal. After reading all of the reviews, was worried about build quality and reliability. I have been very happily surprised. Ride quaility is #1, handling and V8 performance are great. I am in my mid 40's and looked at Lexus, Infiniti, MB. The caddy, for the price, exceeded those other car makers. My younger friends have all been impressed with this car and are looking a Cadillac instead of a BMW or lexus. I hope that GM will continue to improve the model. At this writing, I don't think I will purchase anything but a Cadillac again. I have been very satisfied.

Heated Steering Wheel, Ride and Handling, V8 performance. Comfort of front seats. It is a great touring car. Bose system is great and exterior lighting really helps on dark winter nights. On star and Cadillac road service (I had a flat (nail) the 1st week, they came in 30 min and changed the tire)

My biggest complaint has to be interior storage. The glove box is small and side door pockets are shallow. Center console with nav has no storage and center bin cosole is deep, but not large. No sunglass holder in center stack above the mirror. Finally, instruction video instead of the owner man.

Very Happy
By richcory

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought our 08 STS V8 in March of this year and it had 13000 miles on it. We like it so much that we have driven to to Vegas, Denver and Ohio from our home in Oklahoma. Wife drives it every day to work and another 13000 miles later we couldn't be happier with our purchase. On the trip to Vegas and back we averaged 30 MPG with 4 adults and trunk full of luggage. Sound system is the best of any factory system available. Nav is good but could be more user friendly. Interior storage space could be improved upon and the glove box is a joke. Overall a great car with lots of performace and fun to drive. It's performace isn't that far off from my 94 Vette.

Remote start, 5.1 Bose Surround, V8 power and fuel economy, 6-spd auto

interior space and a more user friendly nav system

Finally GM Got it right...For Now
By Old Red

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've ever seen in my 53 years of owning and driving all kinds of cars. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've ever been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

"Feel", Quality of Manufacture, No defects. Ride, handling. This is one of the best automobiles manufactured. For it's price, none are better.

Lemonade
By LarryG

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my 2008 STS in late December, 2007. Failed camshaft sensor, failed right side cam at 13,000 miles, deffective FOB's, 5-burned out lights, deffective driver's seat lumbar system. Dealer is great but car spends too much time in service bay. Will not lease or buy another GM product. Totaly fed up.

Performance, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel.

Fix the reliability problems if Caddy wants to stay in the game.

Bad Paint
By Herb

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it, except the paint. The car is black, and I had it waxed immediately, by a professional. The first time I cleaned it myself, I discovered many pock marks on the hood and rear deck. They are in the paint, and wax does not remove them. I am taking it into the dealer to check. The paint is defective, and I hope someone will back it up.

Navigation, radio.