Used 2006 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Fails to Meet Expecations
By Former Caddy Man

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has lots of promise, but fails to deliver. The quality of the car itself as well as the dealer service has been very poor in my experience. I have experienced a number of breakdowns requiring tows. It has had repeated problems and the dealer has not been able to resolve them. This should not occur with a car like this. The transmission is rough and uncertain at low speeds and the electronics either don't work as billed or don't work as designed.

The powerful engine and nice sound system.

Improve the build quality and dealer service. The functionality of the transmission and electronics have got to be improved. Bottom Line: After 10 years as a "Cadillac Man" I am moving on the a brand that can build a quality car and quality dealer service experience - I am no longer a Cadillac buyer.

Satisfied Customer
By J Scott

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my STS for two months. I read the reviews here before buying it and I am very pleased with my decision to buy the 2006 STS. It is more of a sports car than I expected. The V6 engine has plenty of power for the car. I got it loaded and I am enjoying it very much. I think any complaints you may read here are overblown. You will be glad you bought this car. I just can't comment about the long term reliability because I have only owned it for two months. Its fuel economy has been 23 mpg highway / 14 mpg city.

I love not having to deal with a key! Without touching the remote in my pocket, I can step into the previously locked car, start it, arrive at my destination and hop out. It locks itself! Also, the rain-sense wipers are wonderful. The handling is unbelievable too. It is very, very stable.

I'm not an automobile designer. My suggested improvements sound like complaints and I don't have any. Everyone carries on about the glove box. The car is short on storage space, but what do you need to store in your car? It has space for ink pens, registration, insurance, a tire gauge, etc. What do you want?

Ron's Stealth Gray/Cashmere STS
By Ron

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a good car with great incentives to buy or lease. The ride is firm and quiet. If you want the cushy ride of yesteryear move on. It's quiet and feels good at highway speeds. The V6 is quite impressive, smooth and fast off the line or for passing. It is quieter than the noisy Northstar V8. Its gas mileage is fair, but it's regular gas so deal with it! I have the cashmere interior with lighter wood trim and steering wheel...awesome look. The electronics are a challenge, but good. The voice recognition needs improvement. I'm not disappointed at all.

The Bose surround sound, nice to look at and feel interior, cool memory setting system, navigation with touch screen, the heated seats and steering wheel. quiet solid ride, and feel especially at highway cruising, and rear park assist.

I don't care for the sound of the V6 engine, it sounds like my mother-in-law's 6 in her Buick Regal! The electronics are plenty and too challenging. Work on the voice recognition system...it could be fun and useful if more it was consistent.

Cadillac is Back
By Richard

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After two decades of owning Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti, I decided to test the Cadillac STS. I selected the STS over the Mercedes E350 and Infiniti M35. Its ride is firm but smooth. The electronic features are fantastic. Remote start with heated seats and steering wheel make cold mornings easier. The 15 speaker Bose stereo with XM radio is FANTASTIC. I get about 20 MPG on my commute and on a recent road trip I averaged 23 MPG at 80 MPH.

The custom fobs and Bose stereo.

Awesome STS
By "S" Man

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in November and so far it is great! I love just about everything this car has to offer. The ride is very quiet and the 6-cylinder engine offers a lot of pep - there really is no need for the V8 and the additional cost that goes with it! The interior is top notch and it has all the features you could ask for. I have received a lot of positive comments on this car!

The heated seats are great, especially on these cold winter mornings, but my favorite is the keyless entry and push-button start - you never need to take the key out of your pocket! Also, I like that everything is automatic - lights, wipers, climate control. You don't need to turn it on/off once set.

Having the gas tank located on the passenger side of car is a real pain.