Used 2006 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Cadillac STS Awd
By Cadillac STS

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my STS 14 months now.I don't know what problems other people are having, but my STS has not seen the dealer since I bought it. The only thing I have done is changed oil at 9400 miles and rotate the tires at the same time. I average 20 mpg , not bad could be better. The exterior design is beautiful, although standard wheels should be 18's. The interior is beautiful with exception of cheap hard plastics on the center stack. Seats are to firm. Overall I love the car, well that is until I saw the 08 CTS. I kind of feel like I am driving an old mans car next to the new CTS.

Love the awd in snow and rain. The design, ride, handling, keyless entry, push button start. Bose, nav, bluetooth works well if you do not have the auto climate control on.

Bigger wheels, Cheap plastic interior pieces. Navigation should work while driving, voice recog needs improvement.

Cadillac Man!
By Mark Anthony

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th new Cadillac and so far the best. People are in awe when I tell them the features. Windows down by voice, push button start, keyless access, just walk up to the car and the car door opens automatically. 15 speaker Bose stereo and navigation screen, it even plays DVD's and MP3's! The automatic transmission shifts without the clutch. I just love this car. I clean it everyday!

I love the 15 speaker stereo, with speakers in the seats and love the huge screen. It looks like a movie screen. The great ride and engine power. I love LED lights

Glove box could be bigger. My older Caddy's had the power trunk pull down and trunk would pop up when opened, I miss that and miss the remote gas filler door opener. I bought a chrome grille, did not like the plastic grille on it.

STS Purchase
By JT

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my CTS from an 2006 STS last year and have been very pleased with the purchase to date. I've had no issues with this vehicle. It has been extremely reliable. I compared with a BMW 5-series before purchasing my STS, and in my opinion the Cadillac offers much more value for the money. The touchscreen interface is very intuitive and easy to use, and in my opinion far superior to the German systems.

Voice activated (OnStar) phone.

Xenon headlights should be standard on a vehicle of this price

The Cadillac
By roger

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Dealership did not know about the slap stick shifter. I worked in Chicago for 4 months commuting and the car got great mileage. I live 90 miles from Chicago. The mileage in the city was terrible. I was getting 14.0 to 15.3! I thought I was getting a wood grain steering wheel. I guess it was not in the 1sb package. V6 never again. The transmission stays in the current gear when you stomp the gas. GM blew that. Turning radius is not tight enough. That button you hold for 7 second is OK but the transmisson is better when you don't use the computers.

I love the phone. I have 6 disc changer wood grain dash. Awesome vouge tires with chrome rims, white pearl paint. My car is great looking

The steering wheel made a creeking sound. The dash for personalization is too matter of fact. It should ask is this OK before it does anything.

Imports Beware!
By Queen

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this car is like a dream. I never imagined owning a Cadillac and when I bought this one, I was actually looking at the Mercedes E350. After driving this car, you can't even compare them. The Cadillac won hands down. I recommend anyone looking in the luxury class to seriously think about taking a test drive in the STS before making a decision. It will change the way you think and look at American made cars. The manager at the dealer told me if I just drove the STS, I may never drive anything else. I think he may be right!

The fact that no matter where my remote is in my purse, my doors open when I get there just by lifting the handle. Why didn't we think of this years ago? It doesn't matter how many shopping bags I have once I get to the car, the truck opens by the touch of my hand. Awesome!