Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Love my 2005 STS
By Rob & Renee in WA

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded a 2006 Subaru Outback in on this car. We wanted something larger and better looking and boy did we get it! Interior is roomy and seats (front and back) are extremely comfortable. Tons of leg room, even in the back seat. We like the seperate climate controls, power sunroof, and the automatic driver settings. This car will adjust the seat and mirror settings for two drivers. It is really neat getting into the car after my husband has used it, and the seats and mirrors are set exactly where I like them. Trunk is a bit small & the glove box is a joke. Gorgeous exterior and extreme pick up. Very fast and fun to drive. This is not your grandpa's car!

Love the seperate climate controls, power sunroof, and the seat & mirror memory that works for two drivers. Car is fast and powerful, it is a quiet ride inside. Very comfy seats & lots of legroom. Exterior body style is very attractive.

The trunk is a bit small and the glove box is a joke. Some of the dashboard controls are difficult to figure out because the pictures on them don't make sense. The computerized settings for mirror & seat memory are a bit difficult to set.

Standard of the World: 2005 STS V8 1SG
By BenjaminSimon

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I may only be 24 but this Caddy is one of the finest cars I have even been in. Sure a 7 series or S class is better, but I cannot afford those. I like how heads turn when I drive by. I have every factory option and I would have it no other way. I live in the south, so AWD is something that I did not want. AWD hurts both performance and gas mileage. Instead I got performance handling package. (It was a either/or option with AWD) The gas mileage is very average, but I did not buy this car to save money on gas. The MSRP was $63K+ and I would suggest buying used. I got mine 10 months old with 15K and saved huge money. Only been in the shop for software updates. Best value on the road for under $65K

I love the heads up display. The 18 in rims are great. The cooled seats are really nice. The traction control works great. Also, with the MRC, it handles great! Just as good if not better than BMW. I would be great if we could use the nav features while driving.

It would be great if I could run E85 in the STS. More HP by direct injection for the Northstar to be like the MB E500. But 320HP gets you from A to B just fine. I with the inside had some of the features of the Cadillac SLS from China. More back seat room.

STS Brakes and Front End
By gojo2

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Our 2005 Cadillac STS is not as reliable as the Lexus' we've owned. We've had problems with the brakes and the front end. The dealer and Cadillac are not as friendly to customers as they claim.

Improve the warranty service.

Ron's Cadillac
By ron's cad

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac. It is a great handling automobile. I chose the black color. It is very good looking, better than a BMW or Mercedes, in my opinion. The brake performance is excellent, but has a squeal problem. Dealer service has been wonderful so far. I will buy one again.

The Navigation system, 15 speaker Bose stereo system, and performance.

It needs a larger glove box and softer seats.

Best Car I Have Owned
By mack

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is by far the best car I have ever owned. I traded a 2003 CTS in for this one. The CTS is sort of a "Starter Cadillac." The STS' bells and whistles seem to never end. I keep finding new ones. Its ride is awesome.

The V8 power, navigation system, handling and overall comfort.

The trunk size and blind spot when backing up.