Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Not For Me
By 2005 STS

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The STS is a sleek, stylish car, but difficult to drive. There are too many complications such as not being able to see out of the back window, when anyone else drives it i.e. my husband, the rear view mirror change direction, but do not change back when I drive, also the radio automatically changes to another station or the disc changes. I do not like not having a key and I do not like the door locks, just to name a few.

none

give it more of a "Lincoln Ride"; it rides (weird) like a truck.

I bought the STS lemon
By Linda L. Felton

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my STS in January, 2005 and was stranded on the highway by October, 2005 needing a new gear shift. Since December 21, 2006 I have been stranded with a dead battery six times and rough riding with the check engine light twice on Sunday trips of 200+ miles. By the time I get to the dealership after being delivered 5 new batteries in 3 years, the problem cannot be duplicated. Neither of the two dealerships have been able to duplicate the problems so they say there is no problem. There were 6 month intervals from 2006-2007 but 2008 has already recorded January 24, February 18, and May 18.

I love the look of my car. This is my second Cadillac and will probably be my last.

I like front wheel drive for snow.

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan 3.6L V6
By JNo

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Fabulous. I bought this car used and have put over 6,000 miles on it in two months. It is simply built to smoothly take in the road. If I hold it under 80 I can get around 28 mpg, but wind resistance drags it down at higher speeds. I love the leather heated seats, and the way it was built to NOT accommodate a bunch of clutter. This car is a show piece and turns heads everywhere I go. Perfect.

Leather, heated seats, rain sense windshield, backup assist.

I wish the trunk was just a bit larger. Two sets of golf clubs plus luggage is nearly impossible. My car has a minor tapping sound coming out of the sun roof at times that I am going to have to get fixed, and I get the occasional noise coming from the climate control. Mild issues, all.

A Keeper
By Caddy Lover

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great in almost every way. Thought it was me, at 70, turning the chicks head, but turns out it's the Red Line Red color. Guys if you're looking for women, forget e-harmony.com, get a '05 STS Red Line Red. Sleek in every way.Sorry i didn't buy the AWD.

Exterior sleek design, radio system, great driving car, handles perfectly, heated front seats and system recognition of driver. Love the gas tank on opposite side; can typically use shorter line at fill up time.

Somewhat noisy interior. My '98 STS was quieter.

Uncomforable driver's seat
By Connie Lara

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the power my car has but, I really have a problem with the comfort of the driver's seat. After a 3 hour drive my right leg starts to cramp and I get pain in my hip. I attributed this to back surgery but after reading the reviews on this car I am glad to find out it is not me. The dealership has been great but I am disappointed with the car considering it is supposed to be a luxury vehicle.

Heated seats and heated steering wheel, remote start.

Please fix the seats especially the drivers and the glove box barely holds your insurance and registration.