Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

After One Year
By pb

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven my 2005 Cadillac STS for 12 months and find that it meets most of my expectations. Coming from a 2002 BMW M3 (and a BMW 540 prior to that), I was looking for more room and creature comforts. Wishing to buy American, I chose the STS V8. I have had only one signifcant problem, the steering column came loose after two months apparently from a manufacturing defect. Cadillac replaced it promtly and I had no further problem. Overall, this car is a great combination of power and a smooth ride, with useful technology (navigation, remote start, and terrific sound system-you must listen to 5.1 channel musice CDs in this vehicle). All this and it's American!

The power avaialable at all speeds, great ride, cooling fans in the seats, technology (especially the Bose 5.1 system!), and quality of build / fit and finnish.

The fuel economy averages 15, and have not seen more than 20. The tires inadequate for power (lousy in wet weather). It is short on room for storage within driver's reach. the heat in steering wheel should does not extend through the upper wood portion. It could use an extra 2 inches of leg room in the rear for adult passengers.

Fourth One
By Frank Maiese

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Cadillac. The only thing I miss is the floatly driving of the big Cadillacs, other then that it is a great car. I like the way it handles going around curves. If you go a little too fast it brakes itself and slows down to a safer speed.

The push start.

Better gas milage

Front End Problems
By jclarkeusa

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac STS is a nice car but the front end rattles excessively at speeds of 35 MPH or under. To date, Cadillac has been unable to fix the problem. So far, they have replaced a control arm but that still has not fixed the problem. If I had it to do over again I would have purchased the Infinit M35 or BMW 530i. This will be the last time I buy an American luxury car!

Looks.

Suspension leaves something to be desired. Fix the rattles and noises.

The Batmobile
By Batman

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic car with tons of cool gizmos and gadgets that are so fun to play with. Great power with the V8, and handling with the magnetic suspension is the best that I have driven. I really like the remote start, cools it down inside. If only it would come pick me up. The black exterior and the chrome lines make it my little Batmoblie.

Northstar engine, super smooth 5-speed transmission. Upscale materials, the custom grill I put in that I bought from the Caddy dealer. All the bluetooth gadgets.

The glove box is way too small. Otherwise, nothing.

2005 Cadillac STS
By gordon petry

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Cadillac STS for less than two months but so far really love it except for the small glove box. This is our fourth one and we really love it. We had some problems with the carpet but my dealer and Cadillac renewed it. We hope to buy another one in a couple of years.

The navigation system and the looks of the car.

The glove box and front seat storage need to be larger as they do not hold anything.