Used 2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Satisfied Customer
By The white streak!

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the vehicle and love the look and feel! I have experienced squeeking in my breaks though. All of the interior features are generally wonderful. It can be difficult to get into the vehicle, but overall the ride and feel are wonderful! I have had many had many people comment on the look of the car and most people are in love with it!

The heating and cooling seats are nice! The navigation system is neat, but it can be confusing.

Improve the squeaky brakes.

Overall opinion
By dippers

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am quite disappointed with the overall performance. I find the ride to be very uncomfortable. Also, there is excessive road (tire) noise at highway speeds. The front end feels sloppy going over small (speed) bumps. The front struts were replaced approximately two weeks after purchase. I wasn't aware of the diffence in tire size between front and rear which negates tire rotation. I also average about 14 mpg city driving not 17. This will definitely not be my car choice in the future.

Overall handling and accelation at all speed levers.

Softer leather seating; radio controls separate from GPS system; uniform tire sizes; larger trunk.

STS Power!
By Anthony Cronin

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for almost a year now. Every option has come into play by now and the ride is comfortable and very aggressive. The Tiptronic transmission isn't very good at all though. It has no control nor has any power behind it. I drive the STS about 400-550 miles a week and I love it. It is great on long trips and very economic in your daily drive around neighborhood. It has had a few computer problems, or re-calls. But I think that the wear is partial to that. I love the car, I definitely want another STS in the near future.

My favorite featue would be that when you turn on the car, the red gadges turn on.

The horsepower of the V6 engine should be stronger and the torque should be about 15-20 lbs. more.

Cadillac STS
By jhutchinson1

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look and feel of this car, however the engine and steering column have already been replaced before it hit 6,000 miles. The parts were not in stock, resulting in 37 days repair time the first time and 39 the second. I am in the process of a buyback now!

The gorgeous exterior.

Combination of Luxury and Performance
By pres

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is an excellent blend of comfort and performance. It has good power, road manners, a good feel for the road, and handling. It's adroit yet comfortable. The appearance of this car is sharp, but with a rich look.

The great handling and comfort.

Reduce the wind noise when travelling at high speeds. It is not excessive, but can be diminished