2013 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: Not Quite There but close

2013 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Not Quite There but close
By pensman on

2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The SRX handles well, especially on highways; but visibility is an issue. The rear view mirror is too small. Probably the worst I have dealt with but I suspect the size is such because of the side "pillars" which can obscure your view. So you really need those side mirrors that light up to warn you when a car is passing. Having the defensive driving add in helps. Plus my model has a driver's seat that vibrates should you start to drift into another lane. On the highway I have managed to get 24 mpg. The CUE system needs some major improvements as it is totally non-intuitive nor can apps be added to it which I believe is a big mistake. And the HD radio can drift which makes it difficult to hold on to a station. Storage in the rear compartment is excellent. No spare tire, just a can of stuff that you use to halt a leak/puncture as you then limp in for help. I have had a few problems with the power driver's seat. The seat refused to drop down. It was repaired, unsuccessfully, several times. Finally I insisted the seat and power mechanism be replaced. But after I left the car with the dealer, who promised to drive it and prove the repairs worked, I received a call informing me the entire seat and all would be replaced. I still enjoy the car but my wife isn't as enthusiastic. Actually she hates it. She finds she can't cope with the rear view mirror. She drives an Audi Q5. I like the way the SRX handles, and it is great for highway driving and holds the road well for a front wheel drive car.

• Active safety
  • Parking aids
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Bluetooth

• Resale value

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review